[NL2-NL10] 5NL-QQ 4-Bet

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      My main reason for posting this is to get advice on the 4-bet sizing, and maybe even some thoughts on whether a 4-bet is a good idea in the first place.

Obviously, post-flop is standard to go broke here... not my lucky day... ;)

This is Rush Poker, so no info on villain.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.09)
      BB ($4.95)
      UTG ($1.90)
      UTG+1 ($2.03)
      Hero ($5)
      MP1 ($4.98)
      MP2 ($3.77)
      CO ($2.27)
      BTN ($4.04)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.18, BB raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $2.12, fold, fold, BB calls $1.32

FLOP ($4.54) 6:spade: 7:spade: Q:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.88 (AI), BB calls $2.83 (AI)

TURN ($10.20) 6:spade: 7:spade: Q:diamond: T:spade:

RIVER ($10.20) 6:spade: 7:spade: Q:diamond: T:spade: J:diamond:

Hero shows Q:spade: Q:heart: (Pre 57%, Flop 94.8%, Turn 75.0%)BB shows K:diamond: A:spade: (Pre 43%, Flop 5.2%, Turn 25.0%)BB wins $9.52
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

Preflop: The problem with 4bet is that we just not gonna see a lot of hands which are capable shoving here. Often times they will be pretty strong. Therefore I might even at that point just Call and reevaluate postflop. And your sizing is as well bad, I guess I would do it bigger ~$2,40 at least for the reason that there are so many limpers and they might get the odds when BB Calls. Although when he has been 3betting a lot and squeezing then the 4bet ain't wrong against some aggressive opponent.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you can do.

Best regards.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Ah, okay...

So with an unknown opponent, it's best to assume they are tight unless we see evidence to suggest they shove PF with a wider range than AA/KK?

For example, last night I had QQ again, and I 3-bet, then villain 4-bet. A few hands earlier he pushed all-in with KJo, so I was quite happy to 5-bet shove against this range... he had AQo.

Thanks again Veriz.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by philhellmutt
      Ah, okay...

So with an unknown opponent, it's best to assume they are tight unless we see evidence to suggest they shove PF with a wider range than AA/KK?

For example, last night I had QQ again, and I 3-bet, then villain 4-bet. A few hands earlier he pushed all-in with KJo, so I was quite happy to 5-bet shove against this range... he had AQo.

Thanks again Veriz.
      On those spots yes. Those limits people are rather passive than aggressive, although I am not saying that getting in there directly preflop is wrong, it's totally fine. :)