MP: $66.45
      CO: $66.30
      Hero (BTN): $100.00
      SB: $168.50
      BB: $53.45
      UTG: $104.50

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with K :heart: J :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $3, SB raises to $10, 1 fold, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($21.00) A :spade: 2 :heart: T :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($21.00) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $14, SB calls $14

River: ($49.00) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $32, SB calls $32

Opponent is break-even reg, puts himself in check/guess spots alot. Tends to be somewhat cally, but not a station. He might fold A3, A4, A5, QQ, JJ and stuff like 77 88 and ofc KQ KJ. He probably won't fold KK (i checked, now i have to call down..).
      Standard?
      Any other line?
  • 5 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I think you need two or three barrels to take down a weak Ax. The way how he's playing it looks like somewhat marginal hand and willing to call one or two barrels before giving it up.

I'd bet turn as well and giving it up the river. (although I might misread the whole situation, maybe NL100 is much much different than my own (NL25) limit)

Why not post in the NL100 forums? :f_biggrin:

Edit: Ah silver, makes sense.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Shove river he folds probably close to 95 % of the time if he doesn't have an A + you can(and should) be easily valuebetting the same Ax/flush/set.If he calls he is making quite a huge mistake.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      problem is that you mostly doesn´t really have there flush or maybe even Ax, since you didn´t bet the flop.
      So if you want him to fold Tx, weak Ax, KK-JJ you should start out betting on the flop- smt like 11$, then half potsize on that turn card and finally shove that river card. This way you have fold equity against hands that would go to pot control and he may also c/f turn+ you always have 11 outs to imrove
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      Betting my showdownvalue (Ax and Flushdraws) on the flop would be a huge mistake Kaitz. He can just check/raise me off them, and I shouldn't call because his range is too narrow in a 3bet pot. I know you're a handjudge, but with a weak value range (even AQ is weak here since it's a bluffcatcher vs flop checkraises), we should go for potcontrol.

Imo 3 streets of "value" are overplayed.

I was thinking about either giving up on the river, or checking down my 40% and not betting until I hit. So what other alternatives do you guys think I can play here?
      edit:
      What range does he rep when he checks twice?
      What range does he rep when he c/c the turn?
      Those are the questions I meant ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hova
      Betting my showdownvalue (Ax and Flushdraws) on the flop would be a huge mistake Kaitz. He can just check/raise me off them, and I shouldn't call because his range is too narrow in a 3bet pot. I know you're a handjudge, but with a weak value range (even AQ is weak here since it's a bluffcatcher vs flop checkraises), we should go for potcontrol.

Imo 3 streets of "value" are overplayed.

I was thinking about either giving up on the river, or checking down my 40% and not betting until I hit. So what other alternatives do you guys think I can play here?
      edit:
      What range does he rep when he checks twice?
      What range does he rep when he c/c the turn?
      Those are the questions I meant ;)
      Well how often do you have showdown value if he c/c flop and bets turn. So he is either going to c/c or c/f and sometimes c/r but his c/r range your equity is anyway quite bad, so I don´t mind b/f and with AQ I´m happy to bet/shove flop, since he can do that with worse hands for value, like AJ or a lot of flushdraws. But if you really don´t want get him off by better hand you can just check it down or with your equity betting turn is fine but then you have to check back river since you don´t rep anything
      His c/c range on the turn has hands that has showdown value, most likely KK-JJ or Tx that doesn´t really want to b/f and rather would go to showdown or valuebet on blank river card