Hey

• deadeight
      deadeight
      Bronze
      I'm completely new to poker basically, joined the site after hearing about it on teamliquid.net (PokerStrategy sponsor their latest tournament). Got the free $50 just to see what it's like.

So, I'm completely new to poker. My $50 comes through, and I'll be honest, I intended to just see how that $50 went, blow it and then never play again. Played on full tilt on $2/$4 texas hold'em, went down to $14 after a couple of hands. After an hour or so I find I've climbed my way back up, and then I'm hitting $60 and above.

I can see this getting really addictive. There is so much more to it than I thought.
  • 3 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      you should play micro stakes mate if your new too poker get to know basics and learn bank roll management < :D > read some basic articles if you think poker is addictive now wait till you start winning major $$$$$
    • deadeight
      deadeight
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      you should play micro stakes mate if your new too poker get to know basics and learn bank roll management < :D > read some basic articles if you think poker is addictive now wait till you start winning major $$$$$
      You're right, I should. And will. I only chose those stakes because I'd blow my $50 quicker.

Now I'd rather learn the game properly. Reading the strategy section on this site now.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi deadeight,

Welcome to our community! =)

And what a change just 10 min after your first post! We really hope you'll enjoy your stay here at PokerStrategy.com.

As you can see, Pogodon and the other members will also help you on the way to learn how to become a great poker player, we are very friendly and helpful.

Just ask away!
      Ingrid