BB ($2.18)
      UTG ($1.88)
      UTG+1 ($2) (47/11/0.5--calling station)
      Hero ($2.22)
      MP1 ($1.44)
      CO ($2.01)
      BTN ($2.35)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.19) 9:heart: 3:club: J:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.19, UTG+1 calls $0.19

TURN ($0.57) 9:heart: 3:club: J:club: 4:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG+1 raises to $1.73 (AI), Hero calls $1.18

RIVER ($4.03) 9:heart: 3:club: J:club: 4:club: K:spade:

UTG+1 shows 7:club: 8:club:
      (Pre 21%, Flop 41.7%, Turn 84.1%)

Hero shows K:heart: K:club:
      (Pre 79%, Flop 58.3%, Turn 15.9%)

UTG+1 wins $3.83
  • 30 replies
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      i would have raised bigger pre flop and re raised solidly post flop(assuming he even called pre)...very risky to just flat call on that flushing/straightening flop.
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      Not that unusual to be honest. After a while you'll get used to hands like these at it'll take something real special to annoy you.
      Like this from this evening for example:

Full Tilt - $0.05 NL RUSH - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $6.61
      Hero (UTG): $2.14
      UTG+1: $4.45
      MP: $3.03
      MP+1: $5.00
      LP: $5.11
      CO: $2.08
      BTN: $2.51
      SB: $8.72

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.15, fold, MP calls $0.15, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.67, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.14 and is all-in, MP calls $1.99, CO calls $1.41 and is all-in

Flop: ($6.43, 3 players) 6:diamond: 7:diamond: Q:club:

Turn: ($6.43, 3 players) 8:spade:

River: ($6.43, 3 players) 6:heart:

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Sixes) (PreFlop 65%, Flop 71%, Turn 0%)
      MP shows 5:heart: 9:heart: (Straight, Nine High) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 21%, Turn 100%)
      CO shows K:spade: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Sixes) (PreFlop 16%, Flop 8%, Turn 0%)
      MP wins $6.01

Seriously, snap call all in with 59s ? whatever, that's poker sometimes :)
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Why call his AI on the turn?? what did you expect him to have?? against such player I'd make it like 0,12 preflop. Flop was OK I guess, I'd fold to his C/R OTT though...
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      U stacked off on a 3flush board and lost? comeon this is not even a badbeat lol
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Most standard hand ever.

Raise bigger preflop, fold to his shove on the turn. He's almost always got a flush there.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but I called the AI because I did have a weak flush draw myself. I thought justice would prevail. Silly me.
    • iRozi54
      iRozi54
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Most standard hand ever.

Raise bigger preflop, fold to his shove on the turn. He's almost always got a flush there.
      he can't really fold there, he could, but pot odds are too good (2:1) and he has a FD also. maybe check/call(fold depends on the bet size) turn and fold the river...dunno

standard hand, dont rage about it. wait till you get really bad beats and then try not to rage :s_biggrin:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by iRozi54
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Most standard hand ever.

he can't really fold there, he could, but pot odds are too good (2:1) and he has a FD also. maybe check/call(fold depends on the bet size) turn and fold the river...dunno

standard hand, dont rage about it. wait till you get really bad beats and then try not to rage :s_biggrin:
      Opinion seems to be divided on whether I should have folded on the turn or not in response to the AI reraise. The majority say fold as I have only six outs to make my own flush and am a 6:1 underdog to any made flush, but a significant minority of posters agree with you and say the pot size (and how much I had already invested in the pot) make a call sensible. Would people care to discuss this point some more?
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i would never fold the turn to be honest
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      Well im not folding agains some aggro fish thats for sure, but op says he was a calling station. If a calling station raises - you might wanna throw it away.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Well im not folding agains some aggro fish thats for sure, but op says he was a calling station. If a calling station raises - you might wanna throw it away.
      ye i didnt see he said he was a calling station just micro stakes and KK im all in :f_p: :f_p: :f_p:
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Lol, what? You guys seriously consider folding here, with that redraw and with such odds? A fold here would be a crime against humanity.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      ye i didnt see he said he was a calling station just micro stakes and KK im all in :f_p: :f_p: :f_p:
      I'm not sure him being a calling station matters. It would matter if we still had to put him on a range of hands, but, once the turn card comes and he goes AI, it's guaranteed he's got a flush. The real question is whether to call the AI or not.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      how is it guaranteed, villan could easily have A :club: J :diamond:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Would he shove with AJ when a flop just popped up? He wouldn't even have top pair.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Would he shove with AJ when a flop just popped up? He wouldn't even have top pair.
      i dont understand that, but are you saying he cant have A :club: JX there is so many hands he could have QQ A :club: 9X many possible hands either way i would easily push here with KK and flush draw, at these stakes i would do it every time
    • AngryJack7
      AngryJack7
      Bronze
      Like everyone else have said...poor played.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AngryJack7
      Like everyone else have said...poor played.
      not every one.

i'd like to see a coach comment on this please
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      i'd like to see a coach comment on this please
      Me too.