This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2NL: ugly turn

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.25)
      BB ($2.18)
      UTG ($1.88)
      UTG+1 ($2) (47/11/0.5--calling station)
      Hero ($2.22)
      MP1 ($1.44)
      CO ($2.01)
      BTN ($2.35)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.19) 9:heart: 3:club: J:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.19, UTG+1 calls $0.19

TURN ($0.57) 9:heart: 3:club: J:club: 4:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG+1 raises to $1.73 (AI), Hero calls $1.18

RIVER ($4.03) 9:heart: 3:club: J:club: 4:club: K:spade:

UTG+1 shows 7:club: 8:club:
      (Pre 21%, Flop 41.7%, Turn 84.1%)

Hero shows K:heart: K:club:
      (Pre 79%, Flop 58.3%, Turn 15.9%)

UTG+1 wins $3.83
  • 30 replies
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      i would have raised bigger pre flop and re raised solidly post flop(assuming he even called pre)...very risky to just flat call on that flushing/straightening flop.
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      Not that unusual to be honest. After a while you'll get used to hands like these at it'll take something real special to annoy you.
      Like this from this evening for example:

Full Tilt - $0.05 NL RUSH - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $6.61
      Hero (UTG): $2.14
      UTG+1: $4.45
      MP: $3.03
      MP+1: $5.00
      LP: $5.11
      CO: $2.08
      BTN: $2.51
      SB: $8.72

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.15, fold, MP calls $0.15, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.67, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.14 and is all-in, MP calls $1.99, CO calls $1.41 and is all-in

Flop: ($6.43, 3 players) 6:diamond: 7:diamond: Q:club:

Turn: ($6.43, 3 players) 8:spade:

River: ($6.43, 3 players) 6:heart:

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Sixes) (PreFlop 65%, Flop 71%, Turn 0%)
      MP shows 5:heart: 9:heart: (Straight, Nine High) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 21%, Turn 100%)
      CO shows K:spade: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Sixes) (PreFlop 16%, Flop 8%, Turn 0%)
      MP wins $6.01

Seriously, snap call all in with 59s ? whatever, that's poker sometimes :)
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Why call his AI on the turn?? what did you expect him to have?? against such player I'd make it like 0,12 preflop. Flop was OK I guess, I'd fold to his C/R OTT though...
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      U stacked off on a 3flush board and lost? comeon this is not even a badbeat lol
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Most standard hand ever.

Raise bigger preflop, fold to his shove on the turn. He's almost always got a flush there.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but I called the AI because I did have a weak flush draw myself. I thought justice would prevail. Silly me.
    • iRozi54
      iRozi54
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Most standard hand ever.

Raise bigger preflop, fold to his shove on the turn. He's almost always got a flush there.
      he can't really fold there, he could, but pot odds are too good (2:1) and he has a FD also. maybe check/call(fold depends on the bet size) turn and fold the river...dunno

standard hand, dont rage about it. wait till you get really bad beats and then try not to rage :s_biggrin:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by iRozi54
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Most standard hand ever.

he can't really fold there, he could, but pot odds are too good (2:1) and he has a FD also. maybe check/call(fold depends on the bet size) turn and fold the river...dunno

standard hand, dont rage about it. wait till you get really bad beats and then try not to rage :s_biggrin:
      Opinion seems to be divided on whether I should have folded on the turn or not in response to the AI reraise. The majority say fold as I have only six outs to make my own flush and am a 6:1 underdog to any made flush, but a significant minority of posters agree with you and say the pot size (and how much I had already invested in the pot) make a call sensible. Would people care to discuss this point some more?
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i would never fold the turn to be honest
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      Well im not folding agains some aggro fish thats for sure, but op says he was a calling station. If a calling station raises - you might wanna throw it away.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Well im not folding agains some aggro fish thats for sure, but op says he was a calling station. If a calling station raises - you might wanna throw it away.
      ye i didnt see he said he was a calling station just micro stakes and KK im all in :f_p: :f_p: :f_p:
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Lol, what? You guys seriously consider folding here, with that redraw and with such odds? A fold here would be a crime against humanity.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      ye i didnt see he said he was a calling station just micro stakes and KK im all in :f_p: :f_p: :f_p:
      I'm not sure him being a calling station matters. It would matter if we still had to put him on a range of hands, but, once the turn card comes and he goes AI, it's guaranteed he's got a flush. The real question is whether to call the AI or not.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      how is it guaranteed, villan could easily have A :club: J :diamond:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Would he shove with AJ when a flop just popped up? He wouldn't even have top pair.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Would he shove with AJ when a flop just popped up? He wouldn't even have top pair.
      i dont understand that, but are you saying he cant have A :club: JX there is so many hands he could have QQ A :club: 9X many possible hands either way i would easily push here with KK and flush draw, at these stakes i would do it every time
    • AngryJack7
      AngryJack7
      Bronze
      Like everyone else have said...poor played.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AngryJack7
      Like everyone else have said...poor played.
      not every one.

i'd like to see a coach comment on this please
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      i'd like to see a coach comment on this please
      Me too.