[NL2-NL10] FR SSS NL10 Pocket Twos - Was it a good bluff?

• russo79
      russo79
      Bronze
      Absolute Life Poker Binghamton 0.05/0.15, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | [color:#C00000]saw showdown[/color]

Button Button ($10.70)
      SB ($10.96)
      BB BB ($9.90)
      UTG UTG ($11.61)
      UTG+1 [color:#C00000]Hero ($1.85)[/color]
      CO-1 ($12.90)
      BB Vilain ($2)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2 :heart: 2 :diamond:
      UTG calls 0.10, Hero calls 0.10, 1 fold, Vilain checks, Button calls 0.10, 1 fold, BB checks.

Flop (0.60) J :spade: 6 :heart: 9 :club:
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Vilain bets 0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls 0.10.

Turn (0.80) A :club:
      Hero bets 0.50, 1 fold

I am not sure about the call pre-flop. I was calling for set value, but with such a low pair...

When I saw such a passive reaction on the flop, I though to myself that I had my chances. The small bet of Vilain seemed to me like a simple try to steal the pot, so I called.

When I saw the Ace at the turn, I tough this was the best moment to get the pot.

Was this a correct behaviour?
      Should I have been more tight and forget about the hand on the flop?
      Or on the contrary, should I have been more aggressive?

Was the turn the good moment to place my bluff, and was my bet enough?
  • 3 replies
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      This is more like a BSS play, than SSS. So just fold preflop.
      Although its better to reraise on the flop, if you decide to fight for it, and give up on a re reraise. But J, and 9 with these many limpers is probably helped some1.
      It doesnt matter how high it is to call with pp for set value, as set on the flop is very strong hand.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      c/f preflop, c/f flop... preflop call is crap because there is a "high" chance that there will be a raise behind you. and your odds aren´t that good too because only 1 guy called
      flop is an easy fold because you are most likely down to 2 outs or against a huge draw. turn as well... it worked that time but just try to stick to the standard strategy on these low limits...
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Easy fold preflop, since their are up to 9 players behind you that could raise where you have to fold anyway, since you have no implied odds with your small stack. Even if you would have had a freeplay in such a situation with your pocket 2´s, you only play for set value. If you miss your set its check/fold all the way down.