[NL2-NL10] NL10 QJs out of BB against steal raise

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Preflop: I think against almost minraise I can call here right ? But also I think that this hand can cause lot of trouble oop ...

Donking this flop ok ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $7.50
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $4.25
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $7.83
      SB:
      $10.31
      BB (Hero):
      $10.15

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.25, SB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.55) 9, 8, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.55.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, Calling here is totally fine. Even though he ain't fully stacked but I guess we still getting pretty good odds to play postflop against him and if we even do hit big then can likely extract value since he is a bad player.
      Postflop: Yeah, with our overpairs+GS the donking is fine. Since Check/Raise has almost the same fold equity against those players.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, Calling here is totally fine. Even though he ain't fully stacked but I guess we still getting pretty good odds to play postflop against him and if we even do hit big then can likely extract value since he is a bad player.
      Postflop: Yeah, with our overpairs+GS the donking is fine. Since Check/Raise has almost the same fold equity against those players.

Best regards.
      I don´t know why but I find myself almost never check-raising. Should I add it somehow in my play ? Because there are likely two cases that keeps happening to me:

1) I check, orig. raisor makes no cbet even when the flop is ideal for that(I am like "what?" when this happens), or I see some players playing c/c as the original raisor.

2) If the guy is reg and I hit my set, when I donk somewhat smallish I can induce bluff - either raise or float maybe - pretty easily. On the other hand I don´t give him the opportunity to make the cbet which can be pity in some cases. But also, c/r seems very strong so it´s really forcing them to fold often ..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      At some point you definitely should add as well Check/Raises for example with some draws, which I do usually to balance my set and other strong hand lines. But just to say the exact spot here is hard, where to Check/Raise and where to not. Rather we will find out them while you posting the hand anyways and I will be taking into account that I will tell you about the situations when I see them.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      At some point you definitely should add as well Check/Raises for example with some draws, which I do usually to balance my set and other strong hand lines. But just to say the exact spot here is hard, where to Check/Raise and where to not. Rather we will find out them while you posting the hand anyways and I will be taking into account that I will tell you about the situations when I see them.
      Thank you :)