[NL2-NL10] NL10 88 out of BB

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      My thinking here was like: "if I check here, I will have to fold against cbet cause I am oop." Is it ok then to donk ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB (Hero):
      $10.00
      UTG1:
      $20.81
      UTG2:
      $14.19
      MP1:
      $6.90
      MP2:
      $6.27
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $8.00
      BU:
      $6.51

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.30, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 6, 2, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.45) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.50, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.45.
  • 13 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Yeah, donking is fine, although only hand you can represent is somewhat like Jx or some smaller PP and maybe FD. So therefore you likely only making fold some overcards. And therefore while he could easily even CBet with them you could easily Check/Call the flop and reevaluate on turn.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Yeah, donking is fine, although only hand you can represent is somewhat like Jx or some smaller PP and maybe FD. So therefore you likely only making fold some overcards. And therefore while he could easily even CBet with them you could easily Check/Call the flop and reevaluate on turn.

Best regards.
      Yes, but if the turn is like Q,K or an Ace I just have to give up right ?
      And even if it isn´t ... how will I figure out where I stand being the first to act ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      And even if it isn´t ... how will I figure out where I stand being the first to act ?
      If you want to add some fancy moves into your play and even are doing great with some hand reading and thinking that the opponent might even fold then sometimes even Check/Raising against such a small bet is possible. Although I guess just folding is likely the safest play.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      If you want to add some fancy moves into your play and even are doing great with some hand reading and thinking that the opponent might even fold then sometimes even Check/Raising against such a small bet is possible. Although I guess just folding is likely the safest play.
      Nah, rather not, I am done being fancy at the micros :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Nah, rather not, I am done being fancy at the micros :D
      That's good. :D Since it's hard to overplay a micro player anyway who is even a bad player.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I used to do some fancy moves here and there (and you might remember some from the hands I posted earlier - but I doubt that, because you have to deal with loads of hands from other players not only mine :D ) but after your advices and watching some videos etc. rather changed my game. ´

I still bluff sometimes but it´s usually floating against some abc tight players which are pretty predictable often enough to make it profitable.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I used to do some fancy moves here and there (and you might remember some from the hands I posted earlier - but I doubt that, because you have to deal with loads of hands from other players not only mine :D ) but after your advices and watching some videos etc. rather changed my game. ´

I still bluff sometimes but it´s usually floating against some abc tight players which are pretty predictable often enough to make it profitable.
      Yeah, I do evaluate some hands. :D Although I do remember the players of the players who are pretty active and yes, I do remember plays from you. And I even can stay you have improved and I guess you even see yourself that. Posting hands has helped you a lot. :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

Yeah, I do evaluate some hands. :D
      Ah really ? That´s nice, I am looking for an evaluator ! :D

Although I do remember the players of the players who are pretty active and yes, I do remember plays from you. And I even can stay you have improved and I guess you even see yourself that. Posting hands has helped you a lot. :)
      Yep I see some improvement and I obv like it, because I feel my game is becoming stronger. And I am glad even more due to the fact I don´t think I have posted THAT much (maybe more than some others but I still see so much space for improvement :) )

However I still don´t feel like I am a winning player :( maybe it´s because of my focus on the money and I shouldn´t bother with that but rather focus on my game improvement and fixing my leaks. Just need to play more hands I guess. (still can´t catch the right feel for this "long term" stuff :D )
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Btw. there are still some older hands I didn´t posted yet and I don´t really want to cause I know they´re terrible :D . But I definitely will.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Btw. there are still some older hands I didn´t posted yet and I don´t really want to cause I know they´re terrible :D . But I definitely will.
      Definitely do that, you will definitely find as well something new. :) And about the money thing, yes rather don't play for money since on those limits you wont playing for money but rather for improvement. Money will just disturb when you think about it and losing, rather don't get used to it.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Definitely do that, you will definitely find as well something new. :) And about the money thing, yes rather don't play for money since on those limits you wont playing for money but rather for improvement. Money will just disturb when you think about it and losing, rather don't get used to it.
      I know it´s pretty silly question since it´s probably different from player to player but how long does it actually take to make this thing work ? How long does it take to beat micros ? Let say I am watching at least one video a day, I analyze my hands on daily basis and try to improve constantly. (obv I have other occupations, which are becoming pretty urgent atm so I will have to deal with first that since it´s more important for me than playing poker.)

But for example, how long it took you to become winning player ? Did you strugle a lot ?

(sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I am interested)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I know it´s pretty silly question since it´s probably different from player to player but how long does it actually take to make this thing work ?

There are no silly questions, rather it's silly if you don't ask at all. :) It depends a lot, how much do you invest into poker daily for example, or weekly. Where do you want to see you in future and so on. If you want to see in future rather on higher limits then definitely you will as well try to give your maximum and try to improve. If you have been earning profit now then it already means that you are doing some great work. Like started with $50 and are playing NL10 now. :)

How long does it take to beat micros ? Let say I am watching at least one video a day, I analyze my hands on daily basis and try to improve constantly.

You can just set yourself a some kind of plan what you gonna do daily, although we can't say how long it going to take. For some might it take less, for some might take it longer. Some might tilt more, some might not, some might invest more time into the play, some might play a lot more hands, some might as well invest a lot of time into analyzing hands and trying to find leaks. And so on, there are just so many factors. Although I'd say averagely at least a year, you could do it and move up to NL25-50 or something similar. Depends a lot on the player and time to invest and a lot of other factors. Keep in mind with just playing and not analyzing hands you will just need a lot more time to get that far and becoming better.

But for example, how long it took you to become winning player ? Did you strugle a lot ?

Of course I did struggle a lot, anyone does! And anyone who says he didn't is just lying or pretending to be a hero or whatsoever while he ain't. Everyone will face downswing where they will lose money and think like "oh damn, I can't just play". Only way to avoid such spots is just boost the volume and try to improve your game from the downswing and posting the hands which you lost. :) And I started with SSS which is pretty easy strategy and started to earn small profit pretty fast but it's not a profit which I could withdraw. I guess it took like 6-12 months for me, to start withdrawing real money and big one. And maybe because of me investing a lot of time into poker and as well trying to improve myself a lot, I haven't made any deposit after the $50. :) But there are definitely people who have done that a lot. For example a lot of high stakes players who are nowadays very good players, I have even read from their blogs and other articles that they have done that at the beginning.

For example if you know the legendary name "nanonoko", even he said in his video that he had problems at the beginning, he was losing money. But he tried to adjust and tried to learn a lot and definitely did all the same work, posted hand, discussed, watched videos and so on. That's how he became that good how he is nowadays. And has bought a lot of stuff from his poker earnings.

Huh, hopefully it wasn't a very long story. :f_biggrin:
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Great answer thank you !

Actually I posted somewhere here I lost the original 50$. But I think it only helped me to improve myself. (I tilted these away jumping on higher limits when tilted - but now I just know I´d not do it anymore)

After losing those, which was pretty tough experience at first, I spent some time just studying and tried to learn more (before I rather played than studied the game). Then I made my own deposit of some 200$ and currently I am playing NL10 with these. So no, I did not climb my way from NL2 to NL10 - maybe it´s stupid, but I actually think it´s better for me, because now I take poker much more seriously than before - like a bussiness which I want to invest in and make growing. Previously it was more for fun (maybe because I didn´t appreciate the money which were given to me for free. Now when I deposited my own, I have whole different attitude towards that - and my self-control in the game has improved as well, I rarely tilt these days and if so, I can end the session quickly, also after the bad beat, it doesn´t bother me at all, I just smile and keep playing (yesterday I went AI with some 90% equity and lost - runner runner hits on the river, but it didn´t affect me in any way which I think is great :) )

---

Ye, I´ve seen the video with nanonoko, he is awesome !
      I´ve also seen some video of him playing some mid-stakes and spotting a bluff on the river, he called with King high and won the pot - and he based everything in that hand about the assumtions of the villain´s range and his reads. Was really impressing :)