[NL2-NL10] AJo fold?

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      I think it is correct to fold here post flop?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $4.97
      CO:
      $0.49
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB (Hero):
      $0.75
      BB:
      $0.70
      UTG1:
      $2.83
      UTG2:
      $0.69
      MP1:
      $0.97
      MP2:
      $1.52

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.06, UTG2 calls $0.06, 6 folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.19) 5, T, T (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, UTG2 checks.

Turn: ($0.19) K (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, UTG2 bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08, UTG1 calls $0.08.

River: ($0.43) 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 bets $2.69(All-In), UTG2 folds, BB calls $0.56.

Final Pot: $3.68.

Thanks,
      AKM
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey AKM,

Do you mean to fold preflop?

Yes, it is, nice hand. If you had any reads or statsof how loose they are and how often they fold to 3-bet then you could think of squeezing, but otherwise folding is the best play.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey Burek,

Thank you for your feedback and time. Yes sorry I meant preflop lol That is an interesting point about squeezing (I just read up on what it is) :)

I want to get more into stats etc. Is Poker Tracker the best tool to use for this? Do you think I should spend more time on basic strategy first?

I was wondering what factors would justify squeezing a UTG1 Raise with AJo?

Thanks for your time again :)

Br,
      AKM :f_cool:
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AKM247

I want to get more into stats etc. Is Poker Tracker the best tool to use for this? Do you think I should spend more time on basic strategy first?

I was wondering what factors would justify squeezing a UTG1 Raise with AJo?

Thanks for your time again :)

Br,
      AKM :f_cool:
      Perhaps you should check this article out.

As for your questions, poker tracker and holdem manager are both very good professional programs and you should take the free trials and see which one suits you best, but if you didn't use any program yet you should try Elephant from PokerStrategy which is free for PS members.

And as for the factors, you should take a look at PFR(preflop raise), early position preflop raise of UTG1 and his fold to 3-bet. But you have to always remember you need to have enough hands in the sample size for the stats to be of any use.

P.S.: I almost missed your questions, next time if you would like to ask any additional questions after the thread is marked "Evaluated" please click the "advise the judge to have another look" button.

Cheers,
      burek2000