[NL2-NL10] 2NL KK out of BB

• leylo121
      I'm a beginning poker player and do not have any post flop skill :( what should I have done in this hand

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:spade:
      MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU raises to $0.08, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.26, MP3 folds, BU calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.55) 8:diamond: , 7:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, BU calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.15) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.15) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU raises $6.93 (All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.15
  • 4 replies
    • acceleration123
      1) bet more on the flop - there are lot of draws that will want to continue playing and by betting higher you will get more value + you are protecting your hand (by not giving your opponent the right pot odds to call - therefore by calling he is making a mathematical mistake.) Something like 0.40 - 0.50 should be fine

2) bet/fold turn - you have no option but to bet here - there are still too much draws which you want to protect from + an Ace can be scare card for your opponent and you can pick up the pot right here. But you would have to fold against a raise here.

On the river there is nothing much you can do but fold. You don´t beat anything and you would have to be better in 100% of the cases here to make it profitable to call (ask yourself, do you think you are ? :) )
    • veriz
      Hello leylo121,

And welcome to the forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Preflop: I like your 3bet sizing.
      Flop: Definitely have to bet it bigger, I'd even do it like $0,45.
      Turn: And here I'd as well rather Bet/Fold it for free showdown and maybe even protection from any kind of draws.

As played
      River: Not much you can do against his line, you are very likely beat against his shove.

Best regards.
    • mvucko

against a tighter opponent could it be WA/WB situation? So c/c turn and reevaluate on river would be ok?
    • veriz
      Originally posted by mvucko

against a tighter opponent could it be WA/WB situation? So c/c turn and reevaluate on river would be ok?
      The problem with Check/Call on turn is that we show weakness and he might even sometimes fire on river as well and we will have hard time Calling it while we 2nd barrel it, which might be even stronger and we likely get a free showdown very often.