$50 Capital

• abearan
      abearan
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I've got a question regarding the free $50 start-capital you get:

First of all, I live in England now with my girlfriend and now I wanted to start playing poker again.
      She has got an account on Pokerstars and Fulltilt, where I wanted to start playing.

Now to my question: Is it alright when I create my own account here (pokerstars or fulltilt) and then receive the start-capital?
      Or is it a problem, since she already got accounts there (only playchips atm, but she intends to play realcash soon) and we live at the same place?

Thanks for your help!
  • 8 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Silver
      thats cool once you dont sit at the same table ( i dont think its possible anyway)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Me and my girlfriend play often, both on Party Poker and from the same IP, we never had any problem whatsoever. But we never ever sad down at the same table, and I wouldn't even try it for any reason or out of naivity, it's just not worth it.

Just keep in mind that if something goes wrong with one of the accounts (accused of breaking the rules in any sense), both accounts may be blocked as they will be linked through the IP. I've seen it on Full Tilt, it's probably the same on other sites.

So... if you trust your gf that she will not screw up and you don't try to "get smart" and just play your game it should be fine :s_biggrin:
    • Gelsnr
      Gelsnr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      thats cool once you dont sit at the same table ( i dont think its possible anyway)
      it's not possible unless it's an mtt or pstars home game
    • abearan
      abearan
      Bronze
      Thank you guys very much for your answers, its appreciated!

I made an account on pokerstars and am waiting for the 50 dollars to get started.

And no, I'm ofc not intending to cheat in any way, just want to play normally :)

kind regards
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi abearan,

Welcome back in the Poker world!

Currently we're offering the free $50 starting capital in the following Poker Rooms, please have a look at it. Also, according to our system you already received the starting capital a long while ago. Am I mistaken?

To answer your question, you should probably play it safe:
      - inform the poker room about the situation you described in order to avoid any misunderstandings
      - don't play at the same table

Are you planning to play at PokerStars.net together?

Keep me posted and don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions
      Ingrid
    • abearan
      abearan
      Bronze
      Hello Ingrid :)

Thank you for your post!

Yes, you are not mistaken, I received 50 dollars 1-2 years ago, but it was on partypoker.

Now, with more poker-experience, I want to start again.

I would like to start on pokerstars, but according to your statement it is not possible to get 50 dollars again, is that right?

I thought it would be ok, since its not partypoker like the last time :o

And my girlfriend is playing on full tilt, so we are not at the same software at the moment (she hasnt even got a pokerstrategy-account yet)

btw: I made an account on william hill too, since i didnt see pokerstrategy on the free 50 dollar list

Kind regards, abearan
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey abearan,

If you have received the $50 starting capital then it's not possible to receive a second one with request.
      Unless we offer a free $50 2nd starting capital.

2nd Free starting capitals are rare but can be obtained by reaching a certain criteria in a time-frame.
      Sorry but we cannot disclose any information on how to exactly get one.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi abearan =)

Thank you for clarifying the situation.

As per Kyle, since you received the free $50 starting capital already, you will not be able to request it again (even in another poker room). Everyone is allowed to receive the free $50 but just once =)

However, thankfully to our great partnership with so many poker rooms you have a chance to take part in the first deposit offer and with depositing (even just the minimum amount) you will also receive a deposit bonus + earn StrategyPoints with us.

I suggest you take a look at our Poker Board where other members discussing each poker rooms (pros+cons). Feel free to ask, they will be happy to advise you.

Keep me posted =)
      Ingrid