[NL20-NL50] NL50 QQ v SB 3bet

• breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Hey all, so I played this hand today aggainst a fairly aggro fish allthough only 64 hands played with him. His 3bet was so small it was almost like he wanted a call.

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO breena ($70)
      BTN trampelar ($50)
      SB themajor1989 ($87.95)
      BB poostabber ($50.75)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) breena is CO Q:spade: Q:heart:
      breena raises to $1.50, 1 fold, themajor1989 raises to $4, 1 fold, breena calls $2.50

Flop: 6:heart: 6:diamond: 6:club: ($8.50, 2 players)
      themajor1989 bets $3.50, breena calls $3.50

Turn: 9:club: ($15.50, 2 players)
      themajor1989 bets $9.50, breena calls $9.50

River: K:heart: ($34.50, 2 players)
      themajor1989 bets $15.75, breena folds

Final Pot: $50.25

themajor1989 wins $48.55 (net +$15.80)

breena lost $17

I was going to reraise the turn to kinda see where I was/protect my hand, but just decided I was going to call him down then the river hits and he bets again.
  • 8 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I think that it's a mistake to base your play so much on his 3 bet% with so few hands on him - after he makes only one 3 bet will stat will go up by 3-4%.

Unless my opp is 7/7 after 64 hands I am happily playing this hand for stacks and mostly raise the turn to get value from his worse pop's and sometimes might raise right on the flop to look more bluffy and squeeze another bet from him with a hand that will not do so on the turn ( e.g. 88 on an A turn)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I think it's perfect the way you played it... raising turn is only gonna fold out his worse hands (is he really gonna call a shove with TT-JJ on that board?).
    • JorgeTeixeira
      JorgeTeixeira
      Bronze
      I think you play is ok because you are a little deep.

My I`m getting the impression that if you were only 100bb you would had play the same way?

If that`s the case, I think it would be bad. 4-betting would be better, IMO.
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      I didnt really base my play on his 3bet size but just like to recognise these things. If he had 3bet a standard size I still would of just called seeing as villan wasnt 3bettin alot and we didnt have much history. I think this is a fairly standard play?

When I have gone down the more aggro routes I will either get a fold (win small pot) or be behind except to AK which is still not the best situation to be in.

I dont think villan bluffs the river after Ive called 3bet and two streets I think he either caught up or was already ahead.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I like flatting the 3 bet preflop but the point of doing this is keeping villain's range as wide as it can be - once you just flat the 3 bet it's a mistake to put villain only on his nut hands KK-AA , AK he has his whole 3 betting OOP range on the flop, I think that you are missing on this.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Nice hand. Out of interest, are you playing TT differently on any streets? What about 88?
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      I didnt flat to just set mine, I thought I could well have the best hand but wanted to extract more $$ rather than just folding out weaker hands and wining the small pot right threre.

I just think that by the time the river hits I have alot more information along the shady 3bet size leading me to think was beat. Im not sure if I played it correctly thats why I post here. Do you think my play looked weak to villan and he is going to keep barreling anyway?

Probably would of played TT same way pre but checkraise the flop as there are so many bad turn cards. I not sure I wouldnt even mind 4bet folding TT or 88, I change play a bit I think we are deep enough to set mine to. Input appreciated :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if it was A then you can consider folding but with K I would prefer calling him down. He would barrel all his Ax hands and random bluffs and his 3-bet range really isn´t too many Kx hands, mostly AK and KQ