[NL2-NL10] NL 5 SH A5s flopped straight terrible turn shove?

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Worst turn shove ever. I'm somehow hoping he has 3x here when he can just as easily have a set which has boated the turn. Should I just check back then be willing to go broke on river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.02
      Hero:
      $6.05

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , 5:club:
      Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.35) 4:diamond: , 3:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $1.70, SB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.75) 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.2 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $3.75
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

I'd even do the 3bet bigger like $2,20 or something similar so we can easily ship the turn. But otherwise not much to do while we don't have much left anyways. Just keep in mind trying to do the small calculations on flop which would us give the possibility to shove on turn easily.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      The turn shove looks oversized due to my stack size. His stack is less than the pot on the turn. a bigger raise on the flop might make him more inclined to stack on the turn though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      The turn shove looks oversized due to my stack size. His stack is less than the pot on the turn. a bigger raise on the flop might make him more inclined to stack on the turn though.
      Yeah, overall, it doesn't matter that much anyways. The small over-shove doesn't make much difference either.