This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SH AQ on drawy board

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $22.64
      Hero:
      $25

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.00, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) J:heart: , 7:heart: , Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($10.35) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3, Hero raises to $20.00 (All-In), CO raises to $17.64 (All-In).

River: ($47.99) 9:club:

Final Pot: $47.99

I didn´t want to bet/fold turn, so i decided to check/shove.
  • 4 replies
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      i think i would reraise him on the flop and i would fold to a shove . he can do this easily with a draw .
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t like very much 3-bet/fold. By 3-betting I´ve invested over half my stack and get quite good odds to call against two pair (and he might hold some monster draw, like T :heart: 9 :heart:
      Check/shove is so powerful if no draw completes, because I´m ahead almost very pair type hands and it is very hard him to call for example AQ. And if I´m behind, than that sometimes happens. I should some outs, if he has even QJ.
      By 3-betting I have to push turn, since I don´t want to give him any free cards.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      I think a bet/fold the turn after calling the flop is better here, if he reraises you you know that youre most likely behind since I dont think he would reraise you twice with just a normal draw, and I dont think he would reraise you again with something like KQ either?

But sure, you do give some compelling arguments for check/shove, but personally I dont feel like playing for stacks with just a TPTK.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I like the line. Bet/fold is not a good option - you invest 50% of your stack!