Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $13,51
      BU:
      $5,7

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , Q:diamond:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $1,05, BB folds, BU calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,20) A:club: , J:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,45, BU calls $1,45.

Turn: ($5,10) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,2, Hero calls $1,20.

River: ($7,50) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $7,50

Preflop: His ORL is close to 50% so I think I should play 3bet/fold here. I'm raising 3.5x because I'm out of position.
      Flop: I think 2/3 pot should be good cbet size on this flop.
      Turn: I think I should get it in here because he has $3.20 left and pot is allready $5.10.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

I somehow understand your play, although as played I would just ship it on river. Were you somehow scared of the flush? Since I expect you to Call anyways there, and he will just Check behind a lot worse hands while he might be capable of calling with them.

Best regards.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      I actually didn't pay attention to his stack. Somehow I thought he is full stack, so turn card was very bad for me as now AK, AJ, AT, KQ, JT, JJ and TT have me beat, and that's pretty big part of his raise/calling range, so I was thinking of check/folding, but his bet is pretty small, I allmost have odds to call for my gutter, trips and 2 pair outs and I think it all could be clean because he would bet bigger with set+. On river I hit my gutter but in wrong suite so I want to check/call another small bet, or check fold to big bet.
      When I was reviewing this hand I saw his stack size so...
      Just don't understand why you said you would ship it on river and not on turn? Pot is $5.10 and he has $3.20 left. I thought either we ship it or fold it. I don't understand why would we check/call $1.20 on turn when we can't fold any more to $2.00 bet in $7.50 pot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      I actually didn't pay attention to his stack. Somehow I thought he is full stack, so turn card was very bad for me as now AK, AJ, AT, KQ, JT, JJ and TT have me beat, and that's pretty big part of his raise/calling range, so I was thinking of check/folding, but his bet is pretty small, I allmost have odds to call for my gutter, trips and 2 pair outs and I think it all could be clean because he would bet bigger with set+. On river I hit my gutter but in wrong suite so I want to check/call another small bet, or check fold to big bet.
      When I was reviewing this hand I saw his stack size so...
      Just don't understand why you said you would ship it on river and not on turn? Pot is $5.10 and he has $3.20 left. I thought either we ship it or fold it. I don't understand why would we check/call $1.20 on turn when we can't fold any more to $2.00 bet in $7.50 pot?
      I guess I didn't take either into account his stack. Although I guess Check/Call is as well fine for the reason that he might be capable of shoving with a lot worse even sometimes while he will have hard time Calling with a lot worse.