[NL2-NL10] 2NL FR - KK (again!)

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      I raised the flop because UTG bluffs a lot with PSB... he value bets or slow-plays strong hands... Forget his large stack, he's a donk (96/11 in 53 hands!) who was down under $6.00 soon after... :D I've been tight (10/8 this session), so he thinks I've missed the flop with AK, Broadways or whatever...

MP2 - 24/6/AF-5.8 in 168 hands... and short stack...

I thought this was a decent flop, and happy to get my stack in against donk and SS... Is flop raise OK? If yes, I'm now thinking $0.90 is too small, maybe $1.20-$1.30 to put MP2 all-in?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.92)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($12.99)
      Hero ($2.30)
      UTG+2 ($1.68)
      MP1 ($5.77)
      MP2 ($1.28)
      CO ($2.90)
      BTN ($1.86)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.33) 6:diamond: T:heart: 3:diamond:

UTG bets $0.33, Hero raises to $0.90, MP2 calls $0.90, UTG calls $0.57

TURN ($3.03) 6:diamond: T:heart: 3:diamond: K:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.30 (AI), MP2 calls $0.28 (AI), UTG folds

RIVER ($3.53) 6:diamond: T:heart: 3:diamond: K:diamond: Q:spade:

MP2 shows A:diamond: J:diamond: (Pre 33%, Flop 45.7%, Turn 77.3%)Hero shows K:club: K:spade: (Pre 67%, Flop 54.3%, Turn 22.7%)MP2 wins $3.30
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

Since a normal raise would be even over 1/2 of your stack then you can even easily just consider shipping it directly on flop. Although as you said the opponent is rather donking a lot of flops and having a wide range there then it shouldn't be that big mistake to make it like you did. And of course the shorty made a very big mistake while Calling with just FD. :D But in long run we will earn money from them :)

Best regards.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      I'm glad you said this play makes money in the long-run because I'm running bad this month with QQ-AA... way below EV.... :D

Thanks again Veriz.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by philhellmutt
      I'm glad you said this play makes money in the long-run because I'm running bad this month with QQ-AA... way below EV.... :D

Thanks again Veriz.
      You are welcome! Trust me, none of the good players will ever like run ALWAYS good. You can only beat the variance with very big volume and if you play your A-game. I have been having a lot of beats as well for some time, although I am not putting my head down since I know it's just part of poker and you can't do anything against him. At some point you will be losing money. Just try abusing the downswing and try fixing your leaks and post the hands. :) And everything will work up in future, meanwhile good luck on tables!
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Yes, I saw on your live coaching thread that you guys were way below EV on the graph, so it happens... for the first time I'm totally accepting that variance is okay - even after this hand... :)

It's silly, but when I first played poker in October '10, I'd get upset about losing a $2 BI... 1/2 a coffee here in Australia! ... and I work in finance where there is huge variance, so a small downswing is nothing really... :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by philhellmutt
      Yes, I saw on your live coaching thread that you guys were way below EV on the graph, so it happens... for the first time I'm totally accepting that variance is okay - even after this hand... :)

It's silly, but when I first played poker in October '10, I'd get upset about losing a $2 BI... 1/2 a coffee here in Australia! ... and I work in finance where there is huge variance, so a small downswing is nothing really... :D
      Yeah, in BRB we ain't running that good but we are only playing as well only on Tuesdays so we wont play that many hands. :P Any I guess the main plan of the coaching is anyways to not only show that it's possible to win money with the $50 but as well to help people out. With any kind of questions and even show our play.