This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL FR - Q9s in BB

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Recently I've started defending the blinds a bit more... not too much, but my BB Fold To Steal is now 80, compared with about 95 earlier this year.

This villain is solid enough - 12/8... however, he normally open-raises 4XBB, so I was suspicious of a steal attempt.

Looks like he gave up after flop anyway, but is a turn bet here a good idea? I'm not in the habit of semi-bluffing gutshots... as it turned out, the river card was nice, but he wasn't interested...

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.96)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($2.14)
      UTG+1 ($1.76)
      UTG+2 ($3.26)
      MP1 ($5.25)
      MP2 ($1)
      MP3 ($4.25)
      CO ($4.75)
      BTN ($1.02)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.02

FLOP ($0.08) 7:spade: J:diamond: 4:spade:

SB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05

TURN ($0.18) 7:spade: J:diamond: 4:spade: K:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.18) 7:spade: J:diamond: 4:spade: K:heart: T:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB folds

Hero wins $0.17
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

Preflop: If he is that nitty then sometimes you might even just raise it up here, which wouldn't wrong either if he is folding to 3bets a lot. Or either Calling with such a hand is as well fine, has a pretty good playability postflop.
      Postflop: Somehow the floating is fine, although I'd definitely bet the turn myself and often times even take it down right there.

Best regards.