This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 AJ IP vs aggro player

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (UTG) ($53.75)
      MP ($50.75)
      CO ($54.50)
      Button ($34)
      SB ($96.50)
      BB ($66.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, A
      Hero bets $1.50, 3 folds, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) A, 10, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.40, SB raises to $7.50, Hero calls $5.10

Turn: ($18.50) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $15, Hero raises to $44.75 (All-In), SB calls $29.75

River: ($108) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $108 | Rake: $3

80 hands on villain

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the hand I thought that his play mainly fits a draw and I raised AI in order to get value from them and also because I couldn't figure many value hands in his range because of his aggro preflop stats.

He quickly bets big the turn and for me it looks like either a shove or a fold.

Please explain your thoughts on the hand and specify on which stats you base your play in this situation.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you raised from UTG and it is Axx flop I think he won´t c/r you with too many draws- likely KQs, QJs, sometimes J9s, 89s if he even call these hands pf, so most likely you´re against made hands- ATs, 88 and sometimes AK that he decided not to 3-bet pf
      If you think he has enough draws in his range then playing b/c flop and shoving turn is fine, but I would generally just b/f flop. he has just too many times there made hands, instead of some bluff or draw