This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl 50 55 Oop

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($70.60)
      Hero (BB) ($50)
      UTG ($141.10)
      MP ($59.15)
      Button ($53)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 5
      1 fold, MP bets $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 3, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP raises to $12.50, Hero raises to $27, 1 fold

Total pot: $32.25 | Rake: $1.60

400 hands on villain

[SIZE=14][FONT=tahoma][B][CENTER]What should I do vs his turn raise ? I thought that this way I will be able to get the stacks in vs his sets, 2 pair type hands on the river and also extract more value from his drawing hands.[/font][/b][/center][/SIZE]
  • 5 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Why did you call the flop? What was your reasoning?
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Well if we look at his cbet percentage it looks like he is cbetting a lot and we had some history between us at the moment of the hand so I was planning on donking turn on pretty much any card and sometimes barrel river as well ( we can represent a flush, + can hit our gutshot or set + some Ax combos may take this line as well)

This is not a standard play for me, as well as the call OOP with a small pocket pair
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think c/c once flop with pair+gutshot is fine play.
      Also it looks a lot like flushdraw, Ax and you can bluff river if turn goes c/c
      Don´t really like your turn 3-bet, since I really don´t see him getting all-in his Ax hands and best is just let him bluff river and then c/rai if you should improve to FH
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Don´t really like your turn 3-bet, since I really don´t see him getting all-in his Ax hands and best is just let him bluff river and then c/rai if you should improve to FH
      What do you think about barreling T&R if the flush hits in order to take our opponent of weaker Ax and everything lower?

Or c/r the turn as a bluff also when the flush hits ? But this I dont really like because he has a low cbet turn value which means he is going to continue mainly with his value hands and I dont want to do this move only against Ax and better.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      What do you think about barreling T&R if the flush hits in order to take our opponent of weaker Ax and everything lower?

Or c/r the turn as a bluff also when the flush hits ? But this I dont really like because he has a low cbet turn value which means he is going to continue mainly with his value hands and I dont want to do this move only against Ax and better.

- well if he is bluffraising you if you lead out turn with set then I think it is not the best option, since you just have to b/f too many times.

Or c/r the turn as a bluff also when the flush hits ?
      - If he has high turn barrel cbet then it is fine, but without really no equity I would generally just c/f