[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl 50 55 Oop

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($70.60)
      Hero (BB) ($50)
      UTG ($141.10)
      MP ($59.15)
      Button ($53)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 5
      1 fold, MP bets $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 3, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP raises to $12.50, Hero raises to $27, 1 fold

Total pot: $32.25 | Rake: $1.60

400 hands on villain

[SIZE=14][FONT=tahoma][B][CENTER]What should I do vs his turn raise ? I thought that this way I will be able to get the stacks in vs his sets, 2 pair type hands on the river and also extract more value from his drawing hands.[/font][/b][/center][/SIZE]
  • 5 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Why did you call the flop? What was your reasoning?
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Well if we look at his cbet percentage it looks like he is cbetting a lot and we had some history between us at the moment of the hand so I was planning on donking turn on pretty much any card and sometimes barrel river as well ( we can represent a flush, + can hit our gutshot or set + some Ax combos may take this line as well)

This is not a standard play for me, as well as the call OOP with a small pocket pair
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think c/c once flop with pair+gutshot is fine play.
      Also it looks a lot like flushdraw, Ax and you can bluff river if turn goes c/c
      Don´t really like your turn 3-bet, since I really don´t see him getting all-in his Ax hands and best is just let him bluff river and then c/rai if you should improve to FH
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Don´t really like your turn 3-bet, since I really don´t see him getting all-in his Ax hands and best is just let him bluff river and then c/rai if you should improve to FH
      What do you think about barreling T&R if the flush hits in order to take our opponent of weaker Ax and everything lower?

Or c/r the turn as a bluff also when the flush hits ? But this I dont really like because he has a low cbet turn value which means he is going to continue mainly with his value hands and I dont want to do this move only against Ax and better.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      What do you think about barreling T&R if the flush hits in order to take our opponent of weaker Ax and everything lower?

Or c/r the turn as a bluff also when the flush hits ? But this I dont really like because he has a low cbet turn value which means he is going to continue mainly with his value hands and I dont want to do this move only against Ax and better.

- well if he is bluffraising you if you lead out turn with set then I think it is not the best option, since you just have to b/f too many times.

Or c/r the turn as a bluff also when the flush hits ?
      - If he has high turn barrel cbet then it is fine, but without really no equity I would generally just c/f