response from william hill support

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I was playing about an hour ago when I got live chatted by william hill support. They apologized for taking so long to get back to me and gave me $6 in tournament dollars by way of compensation. They also emailed me to request a list of all of my concerns. I sent them a 10-item email, of which seven items have to do with software glitches in the poker client. I'll post more in this thread once I have a response from them.

Meanwhile, my starting capital has increased from $50 to more than $59 in just fewer than 1K hands of 2NL. It pays not to cheat when studying for the basic quiz. On other poker sites, the advice you get is to skim the basic articles and then keep them open to refer to while taking the quiz, just to "get the free $50." If you do that you end up blowing the $50 fairly quickly, as a number of newcomers here have done. But if you check your ego at the door and actually study and implement the BSS strategy, you're likely going to be a winner.
  • 4 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi belayd,

I am really happy to hear that they responded to your queries. ;)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the BSS articles and I hope all our newcomers will read your post.

Keep me informed
      Ingrid
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Hi, Ingrid,

I got a reply from iPoker general support that was perfunctory, superficial and not responsive. It also appeared to be written by someone who does not speak very good English (although I'm tolerant of that, since it's also true of some PS hand judges and coaches). I wrote back to them asking them to read my original email more carefully. Very likely the matter will get bumped up to an iPoker support supervisor, but whether anything will be done about it or not I don't know.

I *hate* dealing with Level 1 support at the best of times and like it even less now.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Update:

I got a much better reply from another iPoker support rep.

Sadly, he told me that the $6 tournament ticket must be entirely used up on ONE tournament. That means I'm essentially forced either to play a single $6 tournament or give up part of the ticket's value. Since a $6 tournament is outside my PS-mandated BR right now, I have to choose a tournament in advance and then notify WH support that I want to play it so that they can manually give me permission. I'm going to take a look at the selection of $5 tourneys tomorrow but am not in a hurry to make a decision because tourneys chew up a lot of time I could better spend playing cash.

If any WH tournament players can suggest a good tourney, please do. If nobody objects I'll also post a separate thread about it.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi belayd,

Thanks for the updates.

Normally, if you receive a tournament ticket the chances are that you must use it at one go. Not allowed to cut it into parts.

I hope one of our member will pick up your thread and advise you. :)

Good luck belayd
      Ingrid