Awesome Website

• GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

What a great website this is. I'm particularly liking the free programs! Can't believe some places charge hefty prices when you guys give it out for free.

I've been playing everyday for a few months shy of a year, been grinding the SNGs for just over 100 days. I've moved up from $2 to $10 buy ins but ive hit a bad patch. I'm not sure if its a downswing or if the competition is better. That's why I'm glad for your programs, I had trouble analysing my hands in notepad so the Elephant is a great help.

I've read quite a lot of books but it seems the general consensus is that you can learn more through videos and that's how I found this website.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself!

GG
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi GraveGoods,

Welcome to our community!

Awesome introduction!

Browse through the forums and you'll see that we are a friendly community and our members will gladly help you with all your questions.

You can always join the poker software discussion by visiting this forum board.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay with PokerStrategy.com and keep us posted =)

Ingrid
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply Ingrid.

I'm definitely going to stick around! I just wish I had signed up to Full Tilt through this website, I prefer the structures over there to Party which is who I joined up through. Is there anyway to gain PS points through playing with FTP after I've already joined?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi GraveGoods,

I wish I could help you but unfortunately we are unable to track accounts that aren't created through PokerStrategy.com.

I can understand this is pretty frustrating for our members but thankfully we have many other Poker Rooms who are offering a great client and promotions to all PokerStrategy.com members.

Feel free to discuss your thoughts with the other members who play at PartyPoker.

I hope this was helpful and please keep me posted, will be happy to follow you on the forum.

Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey mate,

SNG's can be really profitable but you for sure have to make yourself as educated on them as possible. Play around with some ICM programmes, play about with pokerstove and use the ICM trainer that we have to test yourself.

I have some friends who have platinum status, menaing they are basic the best players in the world at the games they play. They all good friends and speak reguarly, maybe try and get into a chat group or something and you can send your hands from elephant to the rest of the group for discussion.

Also you seem like you really want to improve, why not start a blog in the blog section and this time next year we may see a huge improvement in both the stakes you're playing and the moniezzzzzzz you've won.

GL and keep us updated anyway :)
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      I'll just have to play at Party when I'm next on a heater!

I've downloaded the ICM trainer and I'm trying to do a session every day. I use it with the Equilab and Elephant to analyze hands too. As said before, these free programs are sweet! I definitely do want to improve! I've got a few bug bears with ICM but I'm sure someone will be able to explain them to me, I'll start a thread soon on it.

Cheers for the warm welcome guys.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi GraveGoods,

Perfect forum to address your questions here.

Looking forward! =)
      Ingrid