[NL2-NL10] carry on the hand?

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey,

wondering what you thought about this hand.

I'd like to have played it on, but just wasn't quite sure I should in case of an overpair (I know we can't always be scared of that, but yeah)

min raised PF and then half pot on flop to me makes me think AJ-AK, not really a PP though, or he'd bet stronger?

*edit* Thinking about this hand, WHY did i bother to call pre flop if I was going to fold with all lower cards on the board? may as well have folded pre if that's the case. I need to use a plan more often.

Maybe I should raise his flop bet? Or call and just bet/fold turn?

Too small sample size for read on villian.

Thanks dude

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $0.92
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $1.36
      CO:
      $1.48
      BU (Hero):
      $2.14

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, SB raises to $0.18, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.4) 8, 7, 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.19, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.4.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

min raised PF and then half pot on flop to me makes me think AJ-AK, not really a PP though, or he'd bet stronger?

Anything could be, I have even seen people doing that with very strong hands like KK-AA. And of course his stack ain't that big either, why should he bet big?

*edit* Thinking about this hand, WHY did i bother to call pre flop if I was going to fold with all lower cards on the board? may as well have folded pre if that's the case. I need to use a plan more often.

The problem with the min-raise is that he doesn't have much left. Therefore I might even prefer just fold it preflop since we ain't getting that goods odds. And I guess folding on flop ain't wrong while you just went for the set.

Maybe I should raise his flop bet? Or call and just bet/fold turn?

Raising means that you wanting to go broke. Although his line is somewhat strong there I am not really sure if I want to go broke. Rather if I wanted to go broke then I would it ship it right preflop.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      many thanks dude, this was an important hand for me to get feedback on!

Thanks again :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      many thanks dude, this was an important hand for me to get feedback on!

Thanks again :)
      You are welcome! And of course you are always welcome to even post more hands, which would totally suit for me and help to improve your play. Meanwhile good luck on tables!