[NL20-NL50] NL20 Prima[A] KQ

• N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Poker Hand Converter from PokerConverter.com

saw flop

Hero (Button) ($42)
      SB ($10.02)
      BB ($24.29)
      UTG ($24.28)
      MP ($20)
      CO ($20.83)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.20, 2 folds, Hero bets $1, 2 folds, UTG raises $1.60, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($3.90) 3:spade: , 5:heart: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

Turn: ($7.50) J:heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.80, Hero raises $5.20, UTG calls $3.40

River: ($17.90) J:club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $15.48 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $17.90

I raised turn for free showdown against soo many draws.How to react to his all in ?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Do you have any information on him at all?

If he is an aggressive fish we cannot fold that river, especially after all the draws have missed (remember you get 2:1 or 33% just about in terms of pot odds).

However if he is a passive player we have to fold the river.

Versus an unknown I'd raise the turn bigger and most likely have to call the river given that his bet would be much smaller in relation to the pot. I'd raise turn bigger simply because he bet so small and we want to charge his weaker hands.

One thing to keep in mind is that passive players have a tendency to min 3-bet their nutty hands more than their junk (AQ, AK, QQ+) so if he was passive we have to be very careful.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Do you have any information on him at all?

If he is an aggressive fish we cannot fold that river, especially after all the draws have missed (remember you get 2:1 or 33% just about in terms of pot odds).

However if he is a passive player we have to fold the river.

Versus an unknown I'd raise the turn bigger and most likely have to call the river given that his bet would be much smaller in relation to the pot. I'd raise turn bigger simply because he bet so small and we want to charge his weaker hands.

One thing to keep in mind is that passive players have a tendency to min 3-bet their nutty hands more than their junk (AQ, AK, QQ+) so if he was passive we have to be very careful.
      yeah i totally agree with you.Since it's Prima [A] table i didn't have any stats on him but as far as i remember he wasn't passive so i give him quite a bunch of range there even I thought that he has like Jx+flushdraw maybe even AJ on the river close to 80% of the time to shove.That's why I wasn't sure.I give him generally range of ATs+/AJ+/JJ+.Not sure after all draws missed what he would valuebet or turn into a bluff(like missed AK ?).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would call his river shove, since it doesn´t really make any sense to b/c turn and then shove quite blank card.
      Seems on his bet sizes that he is on the draw and since draws missed I´m happy to call his river shove.