quick question regarding BRM

• brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      ok so quick questioin, this is how I handle BRM- no more than 5% for cash or single table sng...no more than 2% for MTT

my question is how do you handle rebuys for MTT
      is my bankroll allows me to enter lets say max $7, and i enter a 5$ rebuy, in this case i did one rebuy and one addonn, how bad is this? and when I plan on doing a MTT shoukd I take into account that I may have to rebuy,
  • 6 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hey, you should take average BI for rebuys, which at least is 3xBI, because we always rebuy when the tournament starts(to have double stack) and also we always add-on, so you will spend at least 3xBI for rebuy tournament, tho imo on average you'll need to make 1 double rebuy, which means that it's best to count 5xBI, eg. 5$ Rebuy is 25$ tournament :)
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      thank you so I had no place even entering that tourney...appreciate it
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Np ;) Also, it kinda depends on your play style, if you're usually really tight, you might not need 5xBI on average, you can then count it as 4xBI :)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      EDIT: sorry I got carried away and posted Cash Game BRM. whoops.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      EDIT: sorry I got carried away and posted Cash Game BRM. whoops.
      huh?
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Generally, the way I do it is treat the buy-in for a rebuy tournament as buy-in + 1 rebuy + 1 addon.

So if I were to enter a $3.30 rebuy tournament, I would treat it as $3.30 + $3 + $3: A $9.30 tournament. I'm not sure how many buy-ins you need for rebuys, but 100 is an absolute minimum for MTT's of a large size, for example, 180+ players. You probably need a bit less than you do for regular tournaments, but I've seen 100-200 thrown around, so I'd use 100 as a start, and do my own research.

This site recommends 100 buy-ins, PocketFives.com recommends 200 in this excellent thread, or 100 if you are okay re-depositing:

http://www.pocketfives.com/f7/sng-multitable-sng-mtt-bankroll-management-chart-guide-378221/

Two Plus Two also has in it's small-stakes MTT FAQ a section on rebuys:

2+2ers generally like to take an immediate rebuy (double your stack before you play the first hand) but many don’t do this. Taking the add-on however is all but compulsory, the only real time you shouldn’t be taking it is when you have very few chips at the end of the rebuy period and have given up on cashing in the tournament. In other words, passing on the add-on is tantamount to giving up on the tournament completely.

When considering playing a rebuy, realize that you need to be budgeted to spend 3-4 times the buy-in at least, playing a rebuy as if it were a freezeout and quitting if you lose your chips is extremely ill-advised. In terms of how you want to play during the rebuy period, you shouldn’t depart from your regular game too much, some players like to slightly adjust their thinking and pretend their M is actually < 10 when it isn't. The main thing to do is take into consideration the way other people are playing and adjust accordingly, a lot of people play very loose/bad poker during the rebuy period determined to come out of it as the chip leader, you need to take advantage of that.

This is probably better than my approach, so 4x BI seems like a good choice. However, there are very few absolutes in Poker. There is almost no situation that you can use "always" in. Notice that I don't say EVERY situation, either.

My advice is to follow the 2+2 excerpt I posted, and as you get better, learn your style and how you specifically want to play them.