[NL2-NL10] KK on 6max

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      First HH post here on pokerstrategy so here we go! :)

Pacific Poker - $0.06 NL - Holdem - 6 players

MP: $4.66
      CO: $5.31
      BTN: $5.51
      SB: $6.57
      Hero (BB): $7.20
      UTG: $7.12

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

UTG calls $0.06, MP calls $0.06, fold, fold, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG calls $0.24, MP calls $0.24, fold

Flop: ($0.96, 3 players) J:diamond: 9:spade: 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.90, fold, MP calls $0.90

Turn: ($2.76, 2 players) 7:spade:

Hero...?

I'm playing aggressive, 39/22, AF 5 on flop and 3 on turn.

Villain is super passive, 36/3, AF 1 and 2

When he limped than flat-called a big raise I put him on pocket pair as standard, but his wide calling range (36) and low limp/fold (33%) point to pretty much anything.

On the flop I see it as standard. Even though I'm out of position, a strong cbet is mandatory to chase all the possible draws out.

But then... on this wet/drawish turn, what to do? A strong cbet again would be huge - is it overplaying the overpair? Or should I do it anyway to try to chase again the draws, and to make sure he didn't catch a straight?

Cheers!
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

And welcome to NL BSS section! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

I am definitely going to bet the turn as well, there is just so much value from worse pairs and even draws. And straight ain't that likely anyways, of course it's possible but it's as well possible that he is holding the FD or Jx. :)

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

So we do agree on that. Here is how the hand went:

Pacific Poker - $0.06 NL - Holdem - 6 players

Turn: ($2.76, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero bets $1.80, MP raises to $3.46

Hero curses the gods of poker and... ?

What now?

Fold is good; and we know min-raising from weak players *quite often* means nuts (or very strong hands).

On the other hand, the odds for calling are simply great (something like 4.5 to 1).

Of course, on the folding side of reasons is the fact that there is still probably a bet coming on the river, regardless of the card that hits.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, he is raising there quite often the nuts and which we likely don't beat. Therefore I more often like to Bet/Fold there.