This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BR question

• LuckyDimes
      LuckyDimes
      Bronze
      Hey, pokerstrategists. Just have been wondering about 25 buy-in rule. Am currently grinding at NL2 and starting to think about moving up. Standartly i have to have at least 125$ to move up. But question arises for me: what if i multi-table? I certainly need more. So what's your suggestions? What BR is suitable to successfully grind NL5 at let's say 4 tables? Thanks in advance. By the way, am playing BSS.
  • 9 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      It doesn't matter if u multitable...BRM remains the same
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      You don't need more if you multitable. A buyin is a buyin :)
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      its all the same just think if you play 4 tables for 1 hour, its the same as playing 1 table for 4 hours
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I strongly disagree with all above. More tables = less bb/100 = more variance. Although also a higher winrate (if your doing it right ofcourse).

If you play 4-6 tables i wouldn't worry too much. But 20 tabling with 25 BI brm.. yeah that's not such a good idea imo.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      25 bi is alright for razz 40 is ok but why not have 100?
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Black
      More tables = less bb/100 = more variance

That's not true. It's like saying if you play less tables and luckbox a bigger bb/100 then you've experienced less variance.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by dydukas

That's not true. It's like saying if you play less tables and luckbox a bigger bb/100 then you've experienced less variance.
      His actually right. You should adjust your BRM to your winrate. If you have 15bb/100 winrate you can play the same limit with less BI then if your winrate is 5BB/100. And your winrate drops when you play more tables.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Black
      Originally posted by MatejM47

His actually right. You should adjust your BRM to your winrate. If you have 15bb/100 winrate you can play the same limit with less BI then if your winrate is 5BB/100. And your winrate drops when you play more tables.
      I agree that winrate drops with more tables. But playing more tables means bigger sample which decreases variance, not vice versa.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47

I agree that winrate drops with more tables. But playing more tables means bigger sample which decreases variance, not vice versa.
      it's only more variance if you tilt otherwise it's not