BR question

• LuckyDimes
      LuckyDimes
      Bronze
      Hey, pokerstrategists. Just have been wondering about 25 buy-in rule. Am currently grinding at NL2 and starting to think about moving up. Standartly i have to have at least 125$ to move up. But question arises for me: what if i multi-table? I certainly need more. So what's your suggestions? What BR is suitable to successfully grind NL5 at let's say 4 tables? Thanks in advance. By the way, am playing BSS.
  • 9 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      It doesn't matter if u multitable...BRM remains the same
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      You don't need more if you multitable. A buyin is a buyin :)
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      its all the same just think if you play 4 tables for 1 hour, its the same as playing 1 table for 4 hours
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I strongly disagree with all above. More tables = less bb/100 = more variance. Although also a higher winrate (if your doing it right ofcourse).

If you play 4-6 tables i wouldn't worry too much. But 20 tabling with 25 BI brm.. yeah that's not such a good idea imo.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      25 bi is alright for razz 40 is ok but why not have 100?
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      More tables = less bb/100 = more variance

That's not true. It's like saying if you play less tables and luckbox a bigger bb/100 then you've experienced less variance.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by dydukas

That's not true. It's like saying if you play less tables and luckbox a bigger bb/100 then you've experienced less variance.
      His actually right. You should adjust your BRM to your winrate. If you have 15bb/100 winrate you can play the same limit with less BI then if your winrate is 5BB/100. And your winrate drops when you play more tables.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Originally posted by MatejM47

His actually right. You should adjust your BRM to your winrate. If you have 15bb/100 winrate you can play the same limit with less BI then if your winrate is 5BB/100. And your winrate drops when you play more tables.
      I agree that winrate drops with more tables. But playing more tables means bigger sample which decreases variance, not vice versa.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47

I agree that winrate drops with more tables. But playing more tables means bigger sample which decreases variance, not vice versa.
      it's only more variance if you tilt otherwise it's not