Clearing first deposit bonus with cash games

• ppedrin
      ppedrin
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I plan to make an deposit on Party Poker(500$), and I want to know if is possible to clear out this bonus at nl4.

Let's say that I'm playing 1000 hands daily.

If not, how many hands I need to play daily to clear it out?

Thank you in advance!
  • 10 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      I don't play on Party these days, but NL4 and 1000 hands/day...short answer: NO (atleast I think not).

Hope someone else will be able to tell you how many hands on what limit you would need.

P.S. Why would you play NL4 with 500$ bankroll...play NL10.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      1000 hands nl4 is if u mean FR or sH?

like 10 points/day maybe
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi,

I´m playing NL2 FR atm, but here is my opinion:

If I understand the release conditions right, for celaring first deposit bonus you have to gain 8 PP for every $1. For clearing $500 bonus it means 4000 PP. You have 120 days, so it means aprox. 34 PP/day. Playing 1000h/day it means to gain 0,034 PP in every hand - which is on NL4 impossible imo.

I have played 1000h/day just once. Result? Approx. 5 PP! Yes, it is NL2, so let´s double it for NL4. ;)

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • ppedrin
      ppedrin
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for your answers!

If not @ NL4 then at NL10 it will be doable this goal?
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by ppedrin

Sindeon gave you the math. At NL10 it will be about 25 PP a day, so you'll need about 40 days.

But I don't recommend starting out at a high level just to clear a deposit bonus. It's one of the ways that beginners cheat themselves and end up broke.
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze

Hi,

you know, it´s quite hard to guess, because I gave at NL10 only few shots (while exploring micros and trying different strategies using my free starting capital).

As you know, PP are derived form "rake hands" and rake is derived from amount of money contributed to the pot. So, the more money you will be able to contribute to the pot, the more PP you´ll gain. Another important thing would be your own gamestyle (tight x loose x passive) and also type of players you´re facing (you´ll probably gain more PP while playing against calling stations or loosy fish then against tight-agressive regs).
      I don´t know how experienced player you are, but if you are new in (online) poker, I wouldn´t recommend you any higher limit then NL4.

To be honest, I think you´ve set up very tough goal to yourself.

If I were you (and I´m not), I would deposit any smaller amount of money, which is possible to clear at micro stakes (NL4 max).
      Pros:
      - you´ll improve your game while chance to lose your bankroll isn´t that big
      - you´ll boost your bankroll and gain experience for higher limits anyway

Cons:
      - it will take more time

When your first deposit bonus is cleared, withdraw all your bankroll and deposit it at another poker room (using first deposit bonus again).

One more thing - maybe the most important - setting up money oriented goals could affect your game in really wrong way (that´s my own experience). At the very beginning you have to learn HOW to be a winning player.

But all I write here is only my opinion, I´m definitely not an experienced player, I´m just a little fish trying to improve myself and sharing few thoughts I have on my mind. ;)

Wish you good luck and hope it helps you,
      Ondra
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by sindeon
      I don´t know how experienced player you are, but if you are new in (online) poker, I wouldn´t recommend you any higher limit then NL4.

To be honest, I think you´ve set up very tough goal to yourself.

If I were you (and I´m not), I would deposit any smaller amount of money, which is possible to clear at micro stakes (NL4 max).
      Pros:
      - you´ll improve your game while chance to lose your bankroll isn´t that big
      - you´ll boost your bankroll and gain experience for higher limits anyway
      +1 this. Being overconfident is the bane of every beginner. There's a reason PS gives people $50 starting capital to play 2NL rather than $250 starting capital to play 10NL. You have to crawl before you walk.

Also, playing too high a limit for the sake of clearing a huge deposit bonus is not smart. If you clear $200 in bonuses but lose $500 in deposits, you're still down $300. Better to clear $50 in bonuses AND win $50. Then you're up $100.

Third, Party Poker is one of the worst sites for a microstakes cash player to try to clear bonuses. Their bonus structure is draconian, and their microcash tables die at certain times of the day. Try a different reputable site.
    • ppedrin
      ppedrin
      Bronze
      First of all I thank you very much for your detailed opinions.It means alot to me.

I'm not really new in online poker, but few days ago i switched from STTs to cash games.

Atm i have the money on FTP.

As you said atm my first goal is to learn to play.Started with nl2 but it seemed just too easy, even I played only 5k hands.

I started to play at NL5 and I'm fine here, I can feel that I play poker.

I forgot to say that I plan to make the deposit after I will beat nl5 on FT, and play at least some k of hands at NL10 here.

Thanks again for your answers!
    • ppedrin
      ppedrin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd

Third, Party Poker is one of the worst sites for a microstakes cash player to try to clear bonuses. Their bonus structure is draconian, and their microcash tables die at certain times of the day. Try a different reputable site.
      I've also heared that there the games at micros are really softer than PS or FT.

It's that a false rumor?
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by belayd

I've also heared that there the games at micros are really softer than PS or FT.

It's that a false rumor?
      I haven't played PS or FT, so I don't know. Sorry. :(