Best Sit'n'Go Book?

• WRXPete
      WRXPete
      Bronze
      Hi,

First time posting and relatively new to the game too, so i apologise as i'm sure this will have been asked many times before...

I've found that i'm really liking single table SNGs, mostly playing the $1 and $5 Fifty50s on PokerStars....it's teaching me the basics, the benefit of position etc. I find i'm patient enough to grind so want to concentrate on this for a while...

My question...which book would you recommend for good SNG strategy?

Many thanks
  • 13 replies
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Collin Moshman - Sit 'n Go Strategy

But to be honest you can find all the material you'll need here - articles, videos, hand evaluations.
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Hey there fellow snger, in my opinion the book "Secrets of sit n gos" is a great book, it's pretty much exactly what this site teaches and it has some cool content like a plan to turn $200 into $100,00 inna year and it has 90 pages of quizzes. The book is $30 CAD
    • WRXPete
      WRXPete
      Bronze
      Cool, i'll dig around, but i take the train a lot for work, so want a good book too....
    • WRXPete
      WRXPete
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Hey there fellow snger, in my opinion the book "Secrets of sit n gos" is a great book, it's pretty much exactly what this site teaches and it has some cool content like a plan to turn $200 into $100,00 inna year and it has 90 pages of quizzes. The book is $30 CAD
      Sounds good, i'll have a look... :) I presume that's the Phil Shaw one?
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WRXPete
      Sounds good, i'll have a look... :) I presume that's the Phil Shaw one?
      yeah, author is Phil "Jackal" Shaw
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LgWz
      Collin Moshman - Sit 'n Go Strategy

But to be honest you can find all the material you'll need here - articles, videos, hand evaluations.
      I agree with this, I got alot better after reading this book.

Just wish I had bought the actual book instead of downloading to Kindle for iPhone! Argh!

This book helped me move from the $2 tables to the $10 though, it's a great book.
    • 0neDarkNinja
      0neDarkNinja
      Bronze
      I started to play SNGs few weeks ago... Im learning from Moshmans SnG strategy. The book is quite easy to read and when you understand the thinking of the author its easy to beat low limits and some players on 2+2 wrote that when you add your experience you can start beating 200$ SNGs... But Im not that far for now... ;) So my advice SNG strategy - Collin Moshman :)
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com Honestly Moshman's book is ok, but its outdated. Articles here are just as good if not better, and videos here are the best.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Moshman's book and The Poker Mindset should be good reads for all beginner sng players:)

to understand the general and basic idea about sng's, moshman's book might be better than the articles here... It explains in such details and still in such a simple way how equity works in sng's and stuff like that..
      But yea it is written back when $500 sng's were fishy....
    • WRXPete
      WRXPete
      Bronze
      $500 is well above my stake at the moment, i'm building slowly from a $50 start and treating it very much as a bit of fun...and like i said, can't read these articles on the train!!

Moshman's name has popped up several times on posts on other forums, so there's a copy on the way from good old Amazon. Thanks for your advice folks =)
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze

Thats not hard.. just register to some games for $100,00 and sit out... And you are set :)
    • gordy1957
      gordy1957
      Bronze
      no thats how you turn $100,000 into $200 lol
    • WRXPete
      WRXPete
      Bronze
      Now that i'm sure i could do...anyone want to lend me $100k ;)

That said thanks to AA x3 i just quadrupled up on a fifty50;)