Continuation Bet Half Stack

• 2 replies
    • StoneJ
      Im pretty sure you should never bet over half your stack. So yeah you would shove, but you want to be careful what boards you do this on. Continuation bet isn't something you do every single time you have initiative.
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      oh, sure, NOW you tell me.

But seriously, if I open raised , then everyone behind me that called will have position on me, even if I do have initiative.

If the flop comes with overcards that beat my pair, or if my AK, AQ etc don't pair, then I'm rather at a loss.

do I cbet and just give some lag with air a chance to shove and push me off the hand? (it has happened, I'm sure), or do I just give up? Or do I let him shove and call (I've done that and won some and lost some). Sometimes they fold -- whew!

Now that I have a HUD, I have a look at the "fold to cbet" stat for those behind me. Even so, it is not a comfortable thing to cbet in this case.

Another spot that is puzzling to cbet is when you have open raised from early or mid and the flop comes with 3 little cards. Everyone at the table knows (or should know) that you missed. Unless you open raise mid connectors, which is not exactly MSS by the book.