This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 AQ oop vs TAG

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (BB) ($50)
      UTG ($50)
      MP ($51.50)
      CO ($86.60)
      Button ($50)
      SB ($51.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A
      3 folds, Button bets $1.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4, Button calls $2.75

Flop: ($8.25) 6, 4, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, Button calls $6

Turn: ($20.25) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $11.75, Hero folds

Total pot: $20.25 | Rake: $1

I thought villain will call with worse hands and that's why I 3 betted pre. Is this a good option against a competent looking TAG?

Postflop not too much I can do I think that if I continue to barrel turn or/and river I might be spewing too much, but on the flop I think I can make him hands that have decent equity against me.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      3-bet pf is fine especially against BU open
      I think your c-bet is a littlebit too big. I would bet around 4$, since if he wants to float he would do it anyway and if he wants to bluffraise he would easily make it 14$.
      So it shouldn´t really matter that much if he would continue with the hand or not.
      Turn c/f is fine. Without really no equity other than overcards. Since he doesn´t really seem to fold turn and river once he calls flop I think you can c/f turn