This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Donk bluff

• Iolar
      Iolar
      Bronze
      Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $2.00
      BTN: $0.99
      SB: $0.80
      Hero (BB): $2.03
      UTG: $3.58
      UTG+1: $0.97
      MP: $2.44

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:diamond: T:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.08, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06, fold

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) 2:spade: 4:club: 5:club:
      Hero bets $0.09, fold

Villain: 19/7/0.8/ ats: 20/ 100 hands

(Iam playing with a much reduced HUD so had no idea of his ats, but its only 100 so doesn't reall say much?)

The flop totally misses, and he's prob going to check, so i dont want him to get a free chance to hit his A, or whatever so OK to donk as a bluff here?

What about the bet size, I want to bet small as I have no hand, but if he has say AcTc he's getting good odds to call, right?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Iolar,

First of all, yes he is going to get good odds to Call, since you still have a lot of your stack left and the ratio to that he is getting correct implied odds. Although without having the JcTc myself I am not really big fan of donking here, rather just Check/Call such a flop. I guess he could be easily capable of floating with A high here for the GS.

Best regards.