Nicks' user thread

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      My name is Nick, I'm from Holland, and I play No limit Holdem poker (any kind).

I played for about three months, building a bankroll, reading, screwing around a bit, and I have now set my longterm plans:

I want to be financially independent, by playing poker.

At the moment, i strictly play 15+1$ turbo s&g's at pokerstars, because i think that is the best way toward reaching my longterm goal. I use a strict brm (100 buy ins), and I will make it stricter as I grind through the limits. I play 8-10 tables at a time, and i have an ROI of 6, however, I feel like it should've been higher, since I'm VERY satisfied about my game, and had sick downswings.

My goals for January are:

- reach platinum at pokerstrategy
      - reach gold at pokerstars
      - reach 3000$ mark so I can play 25+2$ turbo

My goals for February are:

- keep platinum at pokerstrategy
      - reach platinum at pokerstars
      - have a good roi on 25+2

My goals for 2008 are:

- reach 50+5 at full tilt
      - have two monitors so i can play 8 tables simultaneously without using cascade

My goals for soon after that are:

- have a consistent, safe and easy avg. winrate of at least 30-50$ an hour
      - stop working for money
      - travel the world and finance it by playing avg. 30-40 hours a week of poker

I will keep this updated
  • 139 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Nice read nick you seem quite disciplined I have no doubt you will reach your goals =)

good luck at the tables!
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi helemaalnicks!

Nice read! I hope that you achieve all of your goals!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Classical
      Classical
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      I'm VERY satisfied about my game
      Hi Nick, your thread looks good, and your goals look both ambitious and realistic, so hat off to you and what you have achieved in this short time.

One point though: the above quote, shouldn't you be more self-critical? Surely you make mistakes? or is that already discounted and are you satisfied considering your current experience etc? Just wondering.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      shouldn't you be more self-critical?

you have to be arrogant in order to play poker. I do make mistakes, but I make few, and very marginal ones. With any doubt I post, and I learned a lot from Unam already.

or is that already discounted and are you satisfied considering your current experience etc?

no, im just very good.
    • Classical
      Classical
      Bronze
      Ok, clear answer :)
      Go for it then! And keep us posted.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      My ROI is 9 now, which is supposed to be pretty shocking. To make it clear: the s&g leaderboard leader has an ROI of 8...

For the fans, here is my latest graph:

• curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Nick , you seem to be doing some thing right by your stats

would not worry about the 9% ROI , pretty sure your last 300 games is very high anyway

there is lot of top SnG players on PokerStars doing the same as you playing those turbo sng and making a lot of money

Keep doing what you are doing and you will soon have a very big bankroll on there
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      would not worry about the 9% ROI

Im not worried, im pretty happy about it.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi helemaalnicks!

Nice progress although the first 600 games seemed to be not so funny. But as you can see: In the long run you will win!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      had a sick 15 BI downswing again, but I'm back up at 2250$, only 750 to go... :)

Don't know what to do with my FPP's, though .
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Send me a cookie basket! I think it's best to buy some electronics there, that's useful most of the times :)

GJ on getting to 2250, seems to go fast since you came back from Berlin
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Send me a cookie basket! I think it's best to buy some electronics there, that's useful most of the times :)

GJ on getting to 2250, seems to go fast since you came back from Berlin
      Yeah it did go fast. Cookie basket wouldve been here already, but they don't want to send it to europe. I own an ipod already, wouldn't use a playstation, and I don't like the 178degrees angeled samsung monitor, since I like them high. I do need a third monitor though :) .
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Widescreen is a pleasure to the eye really, first I didn't think it mattered a lot, but it feels really good.
      Maybe 40" TV? Or save up for a big live tourney :D
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i have a 40" tv :p. If I would want the tv I would go for the 60" plasma.
    • damaincontender
      damaincontender
      Bronze
      hey nick congrats on ur quiclk success on stars...

fpps can be used to buy in to sunday million qualifiers...500 fpp and u have a good shot at winning a free buy in....especially the 500 fpp freezeout daily and 400 fpp rebuys are easy pickings too...
      and another thing...who is the top sngo player...since u mentioned he had a roi of 9...

btw yesterday i was away on msn and didnt see ur mssage til morning
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      The_Venetian is the leaderboard nr. 1 with roi 8.

Problem with buying into tournaments is, that I don't have time for that nonsense. I make 12$ an hour playing s&g's, and there is no way i can make that playing in big tourneys. But I'll ask whether the 20" monitor can be angled differently, and buy that or sumtin.
    • damaincontender
      damaincontender
      Bronze
      ok i understand u dint have time for that "nonsense" but if 500fpp gets u a buy in to a 215 doll buy in...then u can sell the ticket online for A quick 215 bucks...and u can do that daily....
      but its ur choice...and if ur so successful already then i guess the extra cash wont tempt u
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by damaincontender
      ok i understand u dint have time for that "nonsense" but if 500fpp gets u a buy in to a 215 doll buy in...then u can sell the ticket online for A quick 215 bucks...and u can do that daily....
      It's possible to sell/ buy tournament tickets? I hadn't known about that. ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      me neither...

how do i do that?