This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KK fold overpair to big raise

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      Hello!

I raised preflop and Cbet the flop. He check/raised pretty big and pretty fast, so I was convinced he has a set. If he had raised smaller, I would certainly call and reevaluate on further streets, especially while I was IP.

His stats: 19/13/80/5,7/2,8/17/232 (VPIP/PFR/FtoCB/3b/AF/FlopChRaise/Hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.22
      SB:
      $10.20
      BB:
      $13.62
      MP2:
      $10.59
      MP3:
      $10.33
      CO (Hero):
      $10.46

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) 2, J, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB raises to $2.96, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.6.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

Does he always do such big raises on flop? When he does Check/Raise, although this is one of the guys I might even consider even shipping sometimes to protect from FD and as well get value from worse. Although definitely usually such a big raise often times indicates to a very strong hand, therefore likely folding better at some spot.

Best regards.
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      Does he always do such big raises on flop?

It was the first time I saw him doing something like that, so I felt that folding is the best option.. At that point, he check/raised one of ten times, due to the stats I had about him.

Thank you for the feedback!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Alleen86
      Does he always do such big raises on flop?

It was the first time I saw him doing something like that, so I felt that folding is the best option.. At that point, he check/raised one of ten times, due to the stats I had about him.

Thank you for the feedback!
      Oh okey if 1/10 times then likely folding is better.