sit n go strategy

• scar13567
      scar13567
      Bronze
      i had an idea for the sit n gos, thought you guys may be interested...
      play the 6 max turbos, and being able to play 10 with your bank roll
      for example, 6.50s you would need 65 dollars, 12s you would need 120, so on
      you are allowed to play two at once once you reach the 10x limits
      thoughts?
      one more thing, the full tilt initial 50 dollars... its mine right? i can cash it whenever i want?
  • 5 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      yes you can cash it whenver you want.

10 buy-ins is (and no offence intended here) a disgustingly horrible bankroll management strategy. for the 10/9 person sit-n-go's, it is advisable that you have at least 50 buy-ins to cover the sick variance in sit-n-go's, and i'd say you need at least that for 6 person sit-n-go's.

i'd say i'm a solid player and i hit -20buy-in downswings, others hit bigger ones
    • scar13567
      scar13567
      Bronze
      50? wow, thats quite a bit
      well... i know that its dumb to play the 1.25s, as rake is ridiculous
      what about starting with 2.25s, then building up to 30x buy in?
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      there is a great book called

Sit 'n Go Strategy: Expert Advice for Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments by Collin Moshman

well worth the money & study the video's & strategy guides on here

but chenny8888 is right about very good bankroll management , its so easy with sit'n goes to have a winning /losing streak and thats why you need to follow the strategy guides on bankroll management on here

as for cashing , why would anyone want to do that ? , the guys that study & watch the video's are winning big and myself just won $1408 in one game
    • scar13567
      scar13567
      Bronze
      i see what you guys mean...
      so what would be a good suggestion then? im still sitting at 50, so play 2.25s until i have 50 buy ins for the next level?
      I'm confident in my sit n go game, for now, i will be posting hands in the upcoming weeks, I'm just looking for advice on where to start in sit n gos...
      as for cashing, i was merely asking if it was possible, i have no intent of actually going through with it
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi scar13567!

Please build your bankroll by playing cashgames! Your bankroll is way too small for playing SNGs or tournaments. Within the next two weeks we will publish new tournament strategy articles. I recommend that you concentrate on cashgames until then.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81