Stack
      UTG2:
      $0,62
      MP1:
      $1,63
      Hero:
      $2,91

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , K:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0,08, MP1 calls $0,08, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,24, 3 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,62 (All-In), MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,38.

Flop: ($1,35) 9:spade: , 9:diamond: , 5:heart:
      Turn: ($1,35) 6:spade:
      River: ($1,35) 4:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Ah Qd)
      Hero shows a pair of nines (As Kc)

Hero wins with a pair of nines (As Kc)

The question is, was it right to call his all-in preflop?
      I figured that my AK would have good chances from the flop to the river... and from playing a reasonable number of hands at the table, I figured that my opponent had maniac traits and he could do this with something inferior... but well, he could actually have AA/KK, which he'd certainly play the same way.
      Still, it's like my third day playing "good" poker... I'd like to know whether that was a reasonable line of thought or if that's actually a leak.

[edit: included his Elephant stats]
      [later edit: ended up copying the wrong hand. Oops!]
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

And welcome to NL BSS section! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      You can even just put him directly all-in there as well. And definitely it ain't wrong to go broke against that kind of stack and he seems to be somewhat aggressive.

Best regards.