are 250bb buyins good BSS or just BS? :D

    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Joined: 17.03.2011 Posts: 1,021
      At William Hill I have the opportunity to buy in for 250bb instead of just 100bb. Should I be doing it? Quite often there are some players at the table who have more than 100bb in their stacks and a deep stack on my part could be very profitable...or very costly.

      Also, how much does it increase variance if you buy in for a bigger stack? I've got about $53 in my BR and am playing 2NL.
  • 11 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.01.2010 Posts: 1,683
      its definitely +EV if you are confident in your game, you might want to learn more abt playing deep tho first, in terms of variance, I would suggest you have a bigger roll for playing deeper, although there is slightly less chance of losing your entire stack etc losing a stack loses u a significant chunk of ur BR, smth that u rly dont want!
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Joined: 17.03.2011 Posts: 1,021
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      its definitely +EV if you are confident in your game, you might want to learn more abt playing deep tho first, in terms of variance, I would suggest you have a bigger roll for playing deeper, although there is slightly less chance of losing your entire stack etc losing a stack loses u a significant chunk of ur BR, smth that u rly dont want!
      How big a BR do I need to play 250bb stacks?

      Also, I see your sig--how much do you charge to sweat people, and how do you do it?

      EDIT: My skype ID is belayd65 if you want to discuss it voice.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.01.2009 Posts: 2,098
      Originally posted by belayd
      How big a BR do I need to play 250bb stacks?
      I'm not 100% sure about cash games BRM, but imo if you're using 25 BI BRM for normal(100bb) tables, then you should use same 25 BI BRM for deep(250bb tables), 1 BI @ 250bb NL2 table = 5$, so you would need 125$ BR :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Joined: 17.03.2011 Posts: 1,021
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      Originally posted by belayd
      How big a BR do I need to play 250bb stacks?
      I'm not 100% sure about cash games BRM, but imo if you're using 25 BI BRM for normal(100bb) tables, then you should use same 25 BI BRM for deep(250bb tables), 1 BI @ 250bb NL2 table = 5$, so you would need 125$ BR :)
      Thanks! :) This kind of information should be added to the Big Stack Strategy articles.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.01.2009 Posts: 2,098
      Well, you just got confused because you tried to count your BRM in money. If you always do that in buy-ins, then it should be clear :)
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.01.2010 Posts: 1,683
      Bigniux's BRM strategy seems pretty solid to me, I mean you just have to remember that when you drop below x BI, to start playing 100bb deep again.

      By the way, it's not included in BSS because BSS it's primarily 100bb stack sizes. :) Beginners aren't recommended to play 250bb deep because it's a harder stack size to play :)

      About sweating, I don't charge because im not some coach or anything and my game isn't anything special, however if you'd like to do a couple sweat sessions, I would be glad of the company/discussions so feel free. We can use skype & mikogo :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Joined: 17.03.2011 Posts: 1,021
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      Bigniux's BRM strategy seems pretty solid to me, I mean you just have to remember that when you drop below x BI, to start playing 100bb deep again.

      By the way, it's not included in BSS because BSS it's primarily 100bb stack sizes. :) Beginners aren't recommended to play 250bb deep because it's a harder stack size to play :)

      About sweating, I don't charge because im not some coach or anything and my game isn't anything special, however if you'd like to do a couple sweat sessions, I would be glad of the company/discussions so feel free. We can use skype & mikogo :)
      Go ahead and add me on skype. I'm belayd 65.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.03.2010 Posts: 741
      The deeper the stacks - the more soulreading is involved. BSS is 100BB deep, and 250BB is very deep stack. Personally I don't find it comfortable playing that deep against a bunch of donkeys, but if you find some good fishes who doesn't hesitate to stackoff being this deep - then it's deinitely +EV.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Joined: 17.03.2011 Posts: 1,021
      One additional question: If you do have 25 buyins of either 5NL 100bb stacks or 2NL 250BB stacks, which would you play, and why?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.01.2009 Posts: 2,098
      Originally posted by belayd
      One additional question: If you do have 25 buyins of either 5NL 100bb stacks or 2NL 250BB stacks, which would you play, and why?
      That depends on your game imo. If you're really crushing NL2 250bb tables and just marginal winner on NL5, then NL2 250bb is the way to go.

      Example: you're making 10bb/100 hands at NL2 250bb tables, which is 0,2$/100 hands. On NL5 100bb tables you're making 3bb/100 hands, which is 0,15$/100 hands. So you should obv choose the one which makes you more money in same time :)
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.03.2010 Posts: 741
      Btw, variance is bigger on deeper stacks, since there are less all-in situations, players tend to be more cautious, and "suckout frequency" of fishes is the same as in 100BB deep games.