question about purchasing HEM through PS

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Occasionally, I have to reset my router/modem, which changes my IP address. Even more occasionally, I have to reinstall Windows. When I do either of these things any registered version of HEM will stop working, and I'll have to use a special service on the HEM website to reset my registration code.

My question is whether this special service is available to purchasers who buy HEM through the PokerStrategy affiliate link to get the 14% discount.

If a PS representative is answering this, please be SURE that your answer is correct, because if I end up having to purchase HEM twice I'll be upset.
  • 5 replies
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi mate!

Ok, I´m not a PS representative, but I´m quite sure, my answer is correct. ;)

If you´ll buy HEM via Pokerstrategy, you´ll buy a full licence (it means without any limitations...it´s not any kind of shareware or trial or whatever) as well as it is provided by HEM website or any other online shop. Reduction in price is only matter of marketing...

As I wrote you yesterday, during the registration of your HEM trial, you´ll get autimatical suggestion to register this serial code on HEM website (it is crucial for possibility to reset your serial code in future, for example if you reinstall your win). Registration at HEM website means to create your own account there and then upload and save your serial code (everything is automatically suggested) and it works fine (I did it yesterday).

Procedure is described for example in here:
      http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/I+Can%27t+Activate+%26+Register+Holdem+Manager

Hope it helps,
      Ondra
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks, Ondra. :) Do you know if your login information for the regcode upload/reset is the same as the one for the HEM forum?
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi,

I had to try it. :f_biggrin:

No! For the forum is used another login then for HoldemManager account (at least my username and password was considered as invalid on the forum but works fine on the HEM account). So you have to create new account on HoldemManager website...but as far as i understand it, it can be solved in one step during the registration of product.

Cheers,
      Ondra

damn english, I hope you can understand :f_confused:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I understood just fine. Thank you again. :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi belayd,

I'll move this thread into the Software forum area, the only reason being that it's a really useful question and response that might also help other members searching for similar help on this topic. You didn't do anything wrong, don't worry ;)

Thanks for the response sindeon :s_thumbsup:

Bart