This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH JJ 3b pot OOP

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($21.36)
      MP ($20)
      Button ($18.47)
      Hero (SB) ($20.10)
      BB ($26.57)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
      UTG bets $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises $2.90, BB calls $2.80, UTG calls $2.20

Flop: ($9) 3, 3, 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $5, BB raises $23.37, 1 fold, Hero calls $12

Turn: ($43) 7 (2 players)

River: ($43) 8 (2 players)

Total pot: $43

UTG stats VPIP 56, PFR 25, F to 3b 0, 64 hands. He probably isn't folding anything so I 3b but BB cold calls:
      VPIP 23, PFR 15, F to 3b 43, 4b 14%, squeeze 5% 646 hands.
      On BB I have note that he didn't 3b AKo vs CO open raise but his 3b on BU is 7%.
      Overall ofter his push I thought that I'm in bad shape but probably nothing I can do better?
      Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Do you expect he can slowplay QQ-AA preflop?

If so the call becomes more questionable since even AKss is a slight favorite here.

Given the fish is still in the pot if he had 33 or 55 I think he would just call.

So his range to me looks like overpairs so it's just a matter of making an assumption of his slowplay rate.

Either way it's close, and it would be hard for me to fold there.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Do you expect he can slowplay QQ-AA preflop?

If so the call becomes more questionable since even AKss is a slight favorite here.

Given the fish is still in the pot if he had 33 or 55 I think he would just call.

So his range to me looks like overpairs so it's just a matter of making an assumption of his slowplay rate.

Either way it's close, and it would be hard for me to fold there.
      Well now I am sure he can slowplay AA in this spot :D But without this read it's really hard to fold because he looks like a guy who likes to call pre flop..
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      seems quite standard b/c line to me, since he would likely play 88/TT and any flushdraw the same way even if he slowplays pf QQ-AA