[NL2-NL10] NL25 QQ 4way flop

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

saw flop|saw showdown

BB ($47.15)
      Hero ($4.55)
      UTG+1 ($40)
      MP1 ($19.85)
      MP2 ($4)
      MP3 ($27.05)
      CO ($9.80)
      Button ($11.20)
      SB ($9.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $1, UTG+1 calls $1, 4 folds, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4.10) K, 2, 9 (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero ?.

Heya, Im going to be shortstacking again for awhile and it seemed like a grand idea to post some hands then ;) .

Anyway, Im thinking theres no reason to bet here against 3 opponents since to me it just seem all too likely that someone has got a King here. Or is it wrong? Against 2 opponents Im thinking that betting could be right, but against 3?
  • 4 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would play c/f here. Against 2 opponents I would push and hope FD will call)
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes ok, thx:)
    • Chessexpert
      Chessexpert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      I would push...
      In principle you play against 2 opponents, since the BB checked to you. He may do that with a good hand, too, but with a high probability your opponents have pocket pairs or something with a nine. Giving up is not good at the SSS!
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chessexpert
      Originally posted by xylere
      I would push...
      In principle you play against 2 opponents, since the BB checked to you. He may do that with a good hand, too, but with a high probability your opponents have pocket pairs or something with a nine. Giving up is not good at the SSS!
      Ok, that sort of thinking may work out on lower limits, though it is still very very marginal.

1) In reality every opponent, who spend at least a little bit of time thinking about the game will check to us, expecting us to bet, almost regardless of what he holds. Therefore, on higher limits, I would say that we have no information about the strenght of his hand.

2) He can eventually become pain in the ass, because if he holds FD and somebody behind will call our push - he gets right odds to call...

3) We have invested only 22% of our stack (1$), so nothing to give up actually... I don`t see any strong reason why should we risk our stack here.