This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH KJo Blind vs BU

• osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.37)
      Hero ($26.12)
      UTG ($25.35)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($22.82)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: J:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $2.35, BTN calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.80) 2:spade: 7:spade: J:spade:

Hero bets $2.50, BTN raises to $5, Hero calls $2.50

TURN ($14.80) 2:spade: 7:spade: J:spade: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero ???

Villain plays 22/22 over 28 hands and 3bets 0% over 10 opportunities. So, that doesn't really say anything except he looks TAG-ish. But he doesn't autorebuy, apparently. So, I don't know. Had an avatar which made me think he's horrible(lol j/k).

Aaanyway, I don't want to play KJo OOP and check/call blindly three streets when I hit top pair , so this is kind of the top of my folding range I guess, so I decide to 3bet it.

I hit top pair postflop on a somewhat scary board, I cbet for value as I think he could call with Ax, maybe Kx of spades type hands.

When he minraises me I get a little sad, but I decide to call to "evaluate the turn", which probably sucks. But I still think he can do this with AsXx. But when he continues to bet a brick turn I'm probably not ahead a lot, so turn is a fold?

But can I fold flop, or should I just flat preflop? Or is 3betting ok? Or did I play all right?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d personally would shove turn, since he can bluffraise flop and continue his bluff on the turn and there isn´t too many better made hands that would play that way- likely flopped flush, sometimes he ha there AsJx, but generally dot expect you behind too often.