Turn: ($20.25) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $13, Button calls $13

River: ($46.25) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $28.75 (All-In), Button calls $28.75

Villain is 21/16, 310 hands.
      Agg 1,6; wtsd 27, w$sd 44.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      What's his calling range on the turn? Do you expect villain to shove the NFD on the flop?

If we expect him to 3-bet the NFD on flop then his turn calling range has no made hands that we beat (without any specific aggro history) other than maybe KJ. And KJ folds the turn most of the time.

So with that being said I don't think we can bet the river for value there. I rather ck and let him bluff but since he is passive he might not even bluff himself. So ck/folding might be ok (I expect AQ and AK to bet some rivers and check some bacK).

Now, if we expect the nut flush draw to just call our flop raise I'm betting larger on the turn and then betting river for w/e it's left. By betting larger on the turn you get more value from his draws and draws+pair and also leave less on river so he is less likely to fold let's say A3ss.
    • veriz
      Hello zobupasts,

Flop: What's the reason for not CBetting? If he rather seems to be passive opponent then I would just bet it for protection and as well value from worse hands. Or what was the specific reason for doing the Check/Raise, did he float you on previous hands and tried to take down the pot or any other?

As played
      Turn: I guess I would just bet it a bit bigger on turn ~$15 and it's often times for free showdown and as well for protection from draws.
      River: If you are shipping here then you should as well ask yourself, what worse hands are capable of Calling you? A lot of draws obviously will fold, will a weaker Kx Call you? And not many worse 2pairs are possible, therefore I might just Check it and be happy to see a free showdown. I am not expecting that passive guy shoving with missed draws either that often, therefore I might even Check/Fold it as well.

Best regards.