Hero raises to $0.35, fold, CO calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.85) T:club: 7:club: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

TURN ($2.05) T:club: 7:club: 7:diamond: 6:spade:

Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10

RIVER ($4.25) T:club: 7:club: 7:diamond: 6:spade: A:heart:

Hero checks, CO checks

19/8/1.5 104hands

PRE: i open becouse blninds was big fishy players.
      F: here vs weaktight players my plan was 3barrels him becouse this borads he fold so many hands to prussure. So i bet.
      T: again i bet and bet any J+ river.
      R: i pick up big SDvalue and i thinks better here is bet becouse i get info how he play if he folds i can barrel him a lot bad when he calls and showes 88-99 this is great info that he is callingstation player.
  • 8 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      don't bet flop or turn.

as played bet/fold river
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      becouse?
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deivid2
      becouse?
      this board hits his range so you have little fold equity and you are oop
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      what he can have FD, 99-88, 66, Tx and FH. So when i bad turn this is valuefor me becosue i think when i third barrel turn he can calls only Tx, FH and hit Flushdraw so when he calls here 88-99 and folds river i get value :) easy play.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      what he can have FD, 99-88, 66, Tx and FH. So when i bad turn this is valuefor me becosue i think when i third barrel turn he can calls only Tx, FH and hit Flushdraw so when he calls here 88-99 and folds river i get value :) easy play.
      turn is not a third barrel and he will not fold much on the turn. he will call Tx, 88, 99, flush draws, gutshots, overcards, maybe even slow plays a straight or combo draws.

if he folds river then why don't you bet? seems silly to me, also hes pretty capable of hero calling here when all the draws bricked.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      i don't river bad becouse i have SD and also if he has FD this is only way i can get more value but here i tell frist post i thinks third barrel is better play becouse i get info how he play 3barrels spot.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      i don't river bad becouse i have SD and also if he has FD this is only way i can get more value but here i tell frist post i thinks third barrel is better play becouse i get info how he play 3barrels spot.
      serious? you have the best hand most of the time so you should bet the river for value and fold to a raise. unless you know he will bluff with worse but i think its going to be a mistake c/c most of the time. you should never third barrel to get information, you might as well transfer your bankroll to him before hand. the amount of information you get is limited, poker players change and don't always play the same way. you would need to barrel the river like 10 times to get enough information and the amount of money you lose doing this you probably wont earn back
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

Depends a lot what kind of player is he, how does he play his SCs/PPs/Axs hands. Although more often those nitty type of guys I expect very often to Call rather with PPs in this case and maybe even fold some broadway hands.

Therefore CBetting such a flop sometimes it's even pretty marginal, I might even give it up right on flop, while you have to take into account that such a boards you have to barrel at least 2times, since he ain't gonna fold it that often anyways.

And as well rather know his fold to cbet flop & turn, and as well know what's his WTS. According to that you can decide either to 3barrel or not, although against somewhat unknown opponents I don't like the 3barrel idea, rather just give it up right on flop or maybe try 2barreling at max.

But as played, if you consider him taking stabs with missed draws then you can likely Check/Call the river, although I guess you can as well bet the river like smallish ~$2 to get value from smaller PPs which might just Check behind.

Best regards.