stupid question of the year

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Is ROI relevant to cash games or just to tourneys?

If it's relevant, what is a good microstakes ROI?

I'm trying to figure out what level of consistent winning I should achieve before I think of moving up in stakes.
  • 3 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Cash games are more of an endless investment rather than several individual investments.

So, in SNGs/MTTs, it's fine to calculate our earnings on our ROI, because it's possible to work it out. (If we play 10k $1 games and make $1000 our ROI is 10%).

However in cash we can't really say that, so we measure it slightly different, we usually measure our winrate in terms of bb/100. This is big blinds per 100 hands, it works pretty much the same way though, if we play 500k hands in a year, and make ourselves 50k big blinds, then we have a 10bb/100 winrate :) .

You can then work out your average hourly rate by working out the number of hands (or games if it's SNGs/MTTs) you play on average per hour.

I hope this helps :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      It does. Thank you very much. :)

What's a good bb/100 for NL2 if you're having thoughts of moving up to NL4 or NL5?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      It does. Thank you very much. :)

What's a good bb/100 for NL2 if you're having thoughts of moving up to NL4 or NL5?
      There isnt really much difference between NL2 and NL5/4, so if you're a winner at NL2 and are rolled for NL4/5, move up.