The All In Problem

• Donmecon
      Donmecon
      Bronze
      I am playing either 90 player or 18 player Sit N go,s. I have had moderate success which is disappointing as I feel my game is now almost A1.
      I am regularly either close to the money or in the money. The 18 player games I make the final table 99% of the time and in the 90 player game nearly always down to the last 27. The biggest problem arises in the games when I get short stacked and have to go all in. Although 95% of the time it is with the best hand I probably win about 10%. Is there a knack to winning all ins. Most of the time I will go all in first to give myself a chance of my opponent folding. Today I lost 3 straight 18 player tourneys all on the final table this time outside of the money. It was the usual bad beats. AQ losing to A3 - JJ losing to A 10 and AK losing to KJ
      Is there anything I should be doing differently. This has been going on for months - Im desperate for my luck to change. HELP !
  • 5 replies
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Stop playing turbos, you will not have to go all in that often...
      Anyways, long-termly you should win the exact number of all ins as your percentage goes. (Ex. AA vs. underpair wins 80% of a time) Your 95% statistics seems a little off.

Myself, I used to play turbos too, was running hot, getting far almost every single time. Then I started to be getting those bad beats waaay too often... Coulnt take it, stopped playing turbos. Towards the end, it is a lot about luck. You cant do nothing about it. Just dont tilt after the bad beat :D
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      What a coincidence - I reach final table 100% time when I play STT SNG's.
    • RainmanTrail
      RainmanTrail
      Basic
      The numbers (or "luck") work themselves out in the long run. The most important part of improving is remaining honest and objective with respect to how you've played and how you're running. Constantly seek to improve and throw away the "whoa is me" mindset and you'll do fine.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      If your only going all in with premium hands like AQ+, JJ+ then your waiting too long to go all in.

Variance is huge in MT sngs.. people go in 100+ BI downswings at the 180s.. and that's not even that rare.. just practice ICM.. that'd probably do you some good..
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Yeah try playing the turbo 180 mans, I'm on a 100 buy in downswing atm, there have been a few nasty beats but a lot of it is just down to losing a lot of flips recently.

If you're playing correctly its just variance and will level out. Make sure your calling ranges are correct as well I think this is something that a lot of players overlook in the turbos.