Laptop stolen, need advice for a new one!

• Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Hey,

So prety much, our house was broken into while I was on holiday and my laptop is now gone. Deciding to view this as an opertunity rather than a loss however, I have resolved to buy myself the most awesome, kick-ass, and generally off the chain laptop I can find for not too much over £1000.

Primarily this laptop needs:

- A screen size/resolution capable of 9tabling cake, PS etc with minimal overlap

- Enough cpu and graphix to play new fps/rpg games at decent quality with no lag

- to not overheat

Anyone have any recomendations for specific models or good value sites? So far I have been going with dell but they seem a little overpriced although prety solid overall.

Also feel free to use this thread to boast about your own awesome setups! :f_love:
  • 10 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I have a 17 inch an it does overlap while 9 tabling.. So you'd be looking at bigger then 17 inch if you truly want no overlap.. It's pretty good.. i'd show you how it looks but my ps acc is locked. The thing is.. if your going that big then they will be pretty hard to move around.. i think my laptop is already 5-7kg or something. So unless you truly need to move it around and multitable i'd get such a big laptop.

Else your off much cheaper with a desktop + a good screen. Don't really have any recommendations.. I know alot about computers/laptops but haven't kept myself up to date since i bought mine almost a year ago. Since then there are new processors the Ix ones which are now very common.. so i wouldn't dare to say what i'd go for.

But if your looking for a good one to play the newest games then it's going to be pretty expensive.. If your looking to play the newest crysis on highest details then your probably going to have to spend more then that.

here's a useful site to see if your pc can run programs/games it.. would give you some insight. there was another site specifically for games but i can't seem to find it.
      http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

(Also if your looking to play new games your laptop is probably going to get very hot unless the cooling is very very good which is unlikely imo.. Should probably get a laptop cooler. )
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      I'd suggest Asus G73, if it fits the budget, in Serbia they're about 1100-1200 Euros. Amazing laptop for both gaming and everyday work (it has a full HD screen resolution, it always helps with poker). Forget about 18+ inch laptops, 17'' is enough.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      With this laptop make it recoverable :)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      my buddies laptop has GPS capability built in. he can see it on google maps. how sick is that.

you could follow your stolen laptop :D
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      my buddies laptop has GPS capability built in. he can see it on google maps. how sick is that.

Thats so sick, wouldnt even bother calling the police just cover a white workmens suit in chicken blood have a knife covered i chicken blood and just knock on the C*nts door.
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88

Ha! thats so sick :f_eek: Im getting that for sure. :D
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bjela
      I'd suggest Asus G73, if it fits the budget, in Serbia they're about 1100-1200 Euros. Amazing laptop for both gaming and everyday work (it has a full HD screen resolution, it always helps with poker). Forget about 18+ inch laptops, 17'' is enough.
      This laptop looks so damn sweet, seems to be around £1700 in the uk but I might just find a way to stretch the budget... :D
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jan217
      Originally posted by bjela
      This laptop looks so damn sweet, seems to be around £1700 in the uk but I might just find a way to stretch the budget... :D
      Cheaper to buy a return flight to Serbia buy it there spend a day exploring the sites and come home with it.

UK import tax: We bought your laptop a plane ticket and flew it over here £1700 plz
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Heh yeah its better to fly down to Serbia for a party weekend + a laptop and your still gonna have some money to spare.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Great site for gaming laptops!
      http://www.xoticpc.com/