Tiled or Stacked

• Sevy15
      Sevy15
      Bronze
      Whats best for multi tabling 9 max sngs ???
      i currently play 4 tables (tiled) at once but am looking to increase that number to 5 then 6 as i get used to the pace of more tables, problem is my screen already looks cluttered with just 4 running.
      If i go to stacked tables will i be missing out on too much information???
      Oh i do use poker tracker HUD
  • 11 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Just try it out and find whats best for you... Bunch of different ways of stacking your tables on your screen.. so just find out what works best for you..

I play tiled with heavy overlay..
    • herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      Now i played stack: 8 tables - 4x2
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      I used to play 9tables tiled with some overlay and without HUD on a 15' laptop.. So since you play with HUD (really helpful) it shouldn't be a big problem imo..

and I agree with Hlynkinn.. you should try it out.. I've tried stacking and cascading too for a few times but it didn't really work out for me.. But there are plenty of other players who are comfortable playing that way.. ;)
    • eso4
      eso4
      Bronze
      I bought 23'' and I can play pretty much what I want. Also depends where do you play. Now my fav is to play 3-4 on stars cg & 2-4 sngs on cake simultaneously.

It is no problem to play 18 on party even on smaller screen using their stacking software. I like their software except one thing. I didn't figure out how to get information about stack of my opponent when he post some action? It just goes blank and there's written CALL or something and I just can't see his stack which is by far most important information for me in many situations.

Used to play poker and work on my netbook with 10'' but these times are over and I tell you: NO MORE! :f_mad:
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      I play tiled SNGs, up to 9 to see the action on every table. Sometimes what you pickup when card dead might save you chips.
      But I have two monitors, one 21" just for the tables and one 19" for HEM/Lobby
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      24 Stacked, use Hotkeys to assist me on jumping tables on other sides of the screen to see intresting hands.
    • herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      works only on P* :(
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I just have each table window at Full Screen size, so I only see one at a time and that works great for me. I'm not sure what the name of that is.
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Tiled:
      + improve your game
      + more reads (important when you see the same people over and over)
      + you remember table situation by its position (very importante to me)

Stacked:
      + More volume
      + Easy to focus on the current decision
      + Prevents a bit of tilt IMO (don't see bad beats)

If for some reason I had to go back to the 6.5-12 SnGs I'd stack 12-16 tables.
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      I play stacked, but I split tables on the bubble/itm (send each one to a different point of the screen). I also check what people shove/call with in all-in pots, this is really important imo.
    • Sevy15
      Sevy15
      Bronze
      Just had a go at stacked which i found ok will take a few more goes to make my mind up though.
      I play mainly on FT and stars is the a way i can tell if i'm sat out at any tables when it gets a bit hectic i scared of losing tables.
      Any idea?