This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK 2NL FR - TPTK facing river shove

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      3 hands on villain, so no info.

Is my river bet too small here? I think it's an easy fold, and quite sure he's slow-playing a big hand, maybe a set, but is it also possible my small river bet induced a bluff?

Maybe check flop?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.94)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($2.15)
      UTG+1 ($2.04)
      UTG+2 ($2.13)
      MP1 ($2.07)
      CO ($4.88)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.21) 9:diamond: 2:club: 7:spade:

Hero bets $0.14, UTG+1 calls $0.14

TURN ($0.49) 9:diamond: 2:club: 7:spade: A:spade:

Hero bets $0.35, UTG+1 calls $0.35

RIVER ($1.19) 9:diamond: 2:club: 7:spade: A:spade: Q:heart:

Hero bets $0.45, UTG+1 raises to $1.45 (AI), Hero folds

I thought carefully before folding, but had a feeling I was crushed.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

Flop: Yes, on those limits it's even possible just Check right on flop, although ain't a big mistake if you even CBet there since some players tend to play there anyways just fit/fold and they are capable of folding such a such a flop.
      River: I guess your bet sizing is even fine for the reason that it gives you as well room for a fold which you are trying to accomplish and as well giving him some room for a call with a lot worse and not much you can do there against his shove, we often are behind there.

Best regards.