This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 Rush check behind flop for value w TP

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $18.70
      MP3:
      $25.40
      CO (Hero):
      $48.25
      BU:
      $84.20
      SB:
      $55.35
      BB:
      $64.65

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BU folds, SB calls $1.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($4) 7, 3, Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

River: ($8) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

Final Pot: $16.

Villain-unknown.I am recently experimenting with checking behind flop for value.Since villain is unknown I dont need to balance.Is this a good spot for checking behind?On one hand, I am usually cbetting this board with like a 100% of my range but then what other board would I need to check behind for value and is calling him down the best option after the flop?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think with KQs you can bet 3 strteets for value and expect to get called down by worse hands or easily see him c/r there with air, since board is so dry.
      So if you´re generally going to c-bet with your air I think you can also c-bet with KQs.
      Hands like QTs or JJ you can check behind, since then you really don´t like seeing c/r and rather go 2 or 1 street for value
      I might even raise turn for value and bet also river, but if you went to pot control you can also just call him down