SNGs', MTT's, Cash games?

• Tecker136
      Tecker136
      Bronze
      Hi. As I'm a beginner still then I would like to get some advice and maybe a bit of motivation too. I mostly like to play poker because of the possible money and ofc for fun also. So I need some advice. What you guys recommend me to educate myself at(MTT,SNG,Cash) if I mostly play because of the possible money and fun? Maybe tournaments where there is a certain amount of money guaranteed? I myself kind a used to enjoy playing freerolls tournaments at the very beginning because of the prices and fun, but lately I've been playing cash games. I actually would like to learn theory of SNG's or MTT's but it seems to be tough. And maybe that's why I need some advice and motivation.

Thank you!
      PS! Sorry if my english is not as good as it should be!:)
  • 2 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      play and learn the one you enjoy most. for me its STT and MTT SNGs. And the whole attidtude of i want to play for the money and of course have fun is wrong. Play for fun, learn for fun and then the money will come (hey im a poet and i didnt know it)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey,

As the poet ;) evertonroar already wrote you should play the variant which you like most and at the beginning you should focus on one game.

Then you will have much more motivation to improve your game. Especially for SNGs it is super important that you train a lot with the ICM trainer. You will get a better feeling for the IC model, which will increase your edge.

Good luck on the tables
      Hannes