Idiot from northern europe

• osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I usually just hang out at the swedish forums, but I felt like starting a blog here in the english community as well. Mostly because I'm horrible at the english language and I'd like to get better. And what's better than "learn by doing"? So, I'm going to start a blog and start hanging out here!

Poker

Yes, I play some.

No Limit Hold 'em is the name of the game. I've been playing everything from NL2 to NL25 this year, I kind of restarted my poker career this year, and well, it been going pretty good I guess. But I feel like I've somewhat stopped in my progress.

Anyway, I'm a weak tight NL10SH player right now with $400 or something. I play at Stars at the moment but I'm moving to Full Tilt as soon as they confirm my identity, because of the rakeback, mostly.

I normally play 4-6 tables, I really like having an eye on everything that's happening to wtfpwn and soulread everyone.

Goals

I have some of these too!

• Get to NL100SH with a comfy bankroll (40+ bi) before the end of this year
      • Stop sucking at MTTs (or just luckbox one, either one is fine)
      • Become tiltless
      • Be the most annoying regular ever at my stakes (a.k.a stop being weak tight)

Oh, and btw. If you see any misspellings or grammar that is shit, I'd appreciate a heads up about it. I want to get better, not suck at this language forever.

GO!
  • 31 replies
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Also, I'm hungover today. And hungover means donating at MTTs, so probably not a lot of cash game today!

Will be playing a lot of cheap tourneys, will probably play the Sunday Storm and thought I'd luckbox that one. Wish me good luck!

• gordy1957
      gordy1957
      Bronze
      good luck and dont worry about the English it looks fine so far(wish I knew another language that well)

cheers Gordy
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      +1. Your English is better than 90% of native speakers on the internet. I look forward to reading!
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Thanks!

I didn't luckbox any tourney, busted them all. :( I recommend the 4 max MTTs at Stars btw, I like the structure and playing that shorthanded! It's more like a cash game, and I guess that's why I like it! And the competition is super soft, so you can pretty much do whatever you want. :D

Aaanyway, tomorrow I'll be soulreading the NL10SH tables at Stars at four tables! I think that's the most fun way to play, four tables. Lots of time to think, take notes, looking for spots to do non standard non robotic plays and so on.

I might also do some 24tabling NL5SH w 40bb bi to compensate the lack of volume that you get when you only play four tables. I have a winrate of 6bb/100 over 35k hands even though I make tons of mistakes. So I'm pretty confident I'm winning there over a larger sample. Table Ninja is the shit when masstabling btw.

Super tired, now sleep and tomorrow morning I will indulge in coffee and poker!

Black Books, good shit! If you haven't seen it, give it a try!
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      I was going for 6h of cash game today, I managed to get 5,86h according to HEM!

And here is the results:

I've been 4-6 tabling so not a lot of hands/hour, but still a good amount imo. Got off to a pretty rough start and can't say it got any better for the rest of the day. But maybe I played bad, I'm going to do a review of todays play tomorrow morning after I've had some sleep! Might post some hands here as well!

Tomorrow I'm going for 5h of cash, 6h was a tad too much for now.
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      gl with ur goals osvosv...but why is your blog called "idiot from northern europe "???
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by b0b01111
      gl with ur goals osvosv...
      Thanks!

but why is your blog called "idiot from northern europe "???

Because of this man, and this clip. The blow up stars around 05:10 and he says "idiot from northern europe" around 05:20. :D

I went through my hands from yesterday this morning and saw that I was cbetting and giving up waaay too much. That's probably why my redline was so horrible.
      And I just ended my first session for today. I'm trying not to play so weak tight today, and I already see some results. But unfortunately I still run f'in horrible in 3bet pots.

This is how it has looked for a week now:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.92)
      BB ($15.53)
      UTG ($9.65)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      Hero ($23.31)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, fold, fold, UTG+1 raises to $2.90, Hero calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.95) 6:diamond: K:diamond: J:spade:

UTG+1 bets $7.10 (AI), Hero calls $7.10

TURN ($20.15) 6:diamond: K:diamond: J:spade: 3:heart:

RIVER ($20.15) 6:diamond: K:diamond: J:spade: 3:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero shows A:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 87%, Flop 53.8%, Turn 72.7%)

UTG+1 shows Q:diamond: A:diamond:
      (Pre 13%, Flop 46.2%, Turn 27.3%)

UTG+1 wins $19.16

Getting ready for another session now! GO!
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Got in 4h of poker today, once again less than I was planning. But I'm watching Fongie's coaching now as kind of a replacement and then I'm gonna watch the new Harry Potter movie. :D

As I said I was way too weak tight yesterday, and you can see that my redline is hugely improved today! So by planning my hands better today I got an break even redline!

Not tons of hands, but I've been playing only four tables today!

Familiar, anyone? :D
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      pfff...thats the only poker player i would like to play and get him mad...he thinks he plays to good but he's an abc poker player imo... :f_biggrin:
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      pfff...thats the only poker player i would like to play and get him mad...he thinks he plays to good but he's an abc poker player imo... :f_biggrin:
      What, are you talking about Fongie now? He's great at explaining stuff imo. Why would you want to get him mad? :D
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by osvosv
      What, are you talking about Fongie now? He's great at explaining stuff imo. Why would you want to get him mad? :D
      no no my friend...talking about phil hellmuth...lol :D
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      no no my friend...talking about phil hellmuth...lol :D
      Oh, of course! I'm so stupid, lol. :D
      Yeah, his skills in poker are pretty outdated. Still fun to watch sometimes though. :D

Oh, and here's todays hero call! One a day keeps the doctor away.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.81)
      BB ($7.60)
      Hero ($12.95)
      CO ($3.74)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 3:club: 3:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.65, fold, Hero calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.40) 7:heart: 6:diamond: 2:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.40) 7:heart: 6:diamond: 2:heart: J:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.80

RIVER ($3) 7:heart: 6:diamond: 2:heart: J:diamond: 7:club:

SB bets $1.43, Hero calls $1.43

SB shows K:diamond: A:diamond:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 28.5%, Turn 31.8%)

Hero shows 3:club: 3:diamond:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 71.5%, Turn 68.2%)

Hero wins $5.58

Had a note on him from before, notes ftw!
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Woho!

I now have two screens, so I look like a real pro. :D Plugged in the other one yesterday!

So yesterday I played most of my sessions with two and a half men on one of the screens and poker on the other. This was not a good idea and I played pretty horrible. I focused a lot less, I didn't table select, I didn't think things through. And then later I played when I was tired, plus I was watching two and a half men again. Not good, at all.
      I again saw my non showdown taking a dive. If I just focus my non showdown is breakeven and I save money/increase my winrate a lot by just focusing. Not only on showdown of course, but that's where I see the biggest difference. Also poker is a lot more fun when thinking/focusing!

Oh well, lesson learned, quickly. :D Still awesome to have two screens though!

I've moved my roll to microgaming(I love the software), where I'm currently playing NL10SH until I get my BR up to €500. When I reach €500 I'm going to take a small shot of 3-5 BI, depending on how much I feel I can loose before I go to my B-game, on NL20SH and hope to get established there. Otherwise I'll just move down and grind it up again. Rince and repeat until I have a nice comfy roll there. :)

+1
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      haha nice blog...love the pics....good luck..will follow it..
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Great blog and loving the pics :s_cool: Will follow :D
    • Vildcz
      Vildcz
      Bronze
      Hey mate, awesome video :D
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clawindsouza
      haha nice blog...love the pics....good luck..will follow it..
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Great blog and loving the pics :s_cool: Will follow :D
      Originally posted by Vildcz
      Hey mate, awesome video :D
      Wow, nice response! Keeps me motivated to keep blogging!

Speaking of which, there are so many blogs here, I don't know where to start! Do you guys have any tips on good blogs? :) Just link blogs you like or your own blog and I'll check it out!

Anyway, I've kept playing and I really think I've sorted out my game for now! And I think if I stop being and lazy and stop being hung over every weekend (:D ) I might get in 30k hands this month! Which would be awesome!

So far this month:

First 2340 hands is NL4 and then at NL10 where I've been spewing some. But as I said I think I've sorted out my game now, and if I put in some volume I should be rolled for NL20 shortly! Non showdown isn't that sexy, but it's a lot better than it has been, and I think it'll get a lot better when I go up to NL20!

Also, cats for lulz:

• Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Loving that first cat gif :D :D :D

In terms of tips for good blogging, I think you're doing a great job already :D A lot better than mine!
    • osvosv
      osvosv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Loving that first cat gif :D :D :D

In terms of tips for good blogging, I think you're doing a great job already :D A lot better than mine!
      Yeah it's awesome! :D

Yesterday I played another session after my post here, and it really didn't go my way. I lost basically every hand... had to fold tons. Lost like 200bb in 400 hands. It got me really frustrated and I wasn't happy. So I decided to channel that energy in to a short workout.

Anyway, the point of this is that after the workout I thought of how ridiculous I was being. I mean, you can't win every session just because you're getting decent cards and playing solidly. So this got me thinking, why was I so frustrated? And the answer was mindset. I was just thinking that I was gonna win some monay$, but I need to go in with an approach to play the best I can and accept the variance!

With this said, I'm going to try to not watch my graph every day, maybe once a week instead. Focus on the long run and not being so f'in results oriented. And before every session tell myself to focus on making the best decisions I can in every single hand!

This is so true, lol.

Also, Portal 2 will be released this month! So much looking forward to it!