NL2. I have a leak (I think it is a leak) Help me?

• Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      The question:

You hold AK, AJ, or small pairs like 22-99...

You are BU and someone in LP raises to 0.6.. You suspect hes trying to steal and make it 0.10.

You got called and you DO NOT HIT nothing on the flop.

The guy checks on you. And you C-bet, .20 or .25

You get re-raised.

Now what? Fold? Call? What to consider to fold? What to consider to call?

The same question in another situation, lets say you are the first to act on flop and C-bet. Get raised. Fold?

I often fold on those situations. But i think that my leak is C-betn 99% of the time.
      And, more then 50% of the time, folding when i get resaised.
  • 6 replies
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Are u SURE he was stealing and did not play any value hand? Do u have reads on him that he can steal pots and fold to bets/raises?

Also, why do u c-bet player who obviously doesnt fold to c-bets? If he is a fish who pays your made hands, lets check and bet only with made hand. C-bet as a bluff if your opponent wont make fishy calls/raises with weak hands.
    • LSFC4ever
      LSFC4ever
      Bronze
      Hi, Vepof.
      First of all, preflop, you should not 3bet with such small sizing-make it 3x IP and 3x+1BB OOP.Second of all-I suggest you not to level yourself with things like- guy raises from LP- he has garbage every time.Play solid ABC poker on NL2 and you will find yourself winning.Third of all- dont Cbet every flop-not every flops are right to make a Cbet, you should know which flops are good for bluff Cbet and which aren't.Fourth of all-I suggest you to play with small Pocket pairs just for setmine, don't 3bet them on NL2- I find it myself useless.Just follow the Call20(or 15) rule.Btw, do you play FR or SH?Becouse there are some differences in the game types and meta.
      Cheers and GL on the tables. :s_cool:
      P.S.: Yeah, if you notice that some guy doesn't fold to Cbet, or c/r alot, simply dont make bluff Cbet.
    • Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      I play FR.

Less variance and stuff
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      No point in min3betting, you give the opponent correct odds to call with any2. Also this looks weak and means basically one of the two things:
      1. "OMG the nutzzz, don't wanna anybody to fold"
      2. "This should be a strong hand, but I have no idea how to play it"

Another thing is that AK is very different from AJ. While AK is a hand you should easily go broke with preflop at NL2 (and should definitely 3bet), AJ is a decent hand and should be played very carefully when facing a raise. And being out of position I think you should even fold it more than call at full ring. 3bet with AJ is a mistake.

About low pockets - I agree with LSFC4ever, you should mostly setmine with them. However, if you face a steal raise from a player with high steal %, you might consider 3betting for semi bluff (but no way for value).

Ofc if you're using some kind of software (like HEM) you should play according to stats, and if you see that raise flop cbet, or check/raise is pretty much usual action by your opponent - you play according to that and don't fold your top pair everytime facing a raise. But if you have nothing and face a raise - there's not much you can do but to fold. No need to put in sick bluffs at NL2.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vepof
      You are BU and someone in LP raises to 0.6.. You suspect hes trying to steal and make it 0.10.
      Make a proper raise, to like $0,18 at least. If you minraise there is no hand he's gonna fold. ;)
    • Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      Hmm, I get the point. Thanks.